Our Forest School Experience

This month I am joining forces with the #30DaysWild campaign connecting with nature and learning about the wonderful world in which we live.

My Daughter Deep in Thought

Before my daughter had started walking I had decided that I’d like to send her to Forest School. It sounded perfect for little ones to let kids be kids, get messy and have fun.

"There is no wifi in the Forest but I promise you'll find a better connection" – anon

Somehow the idea got put aside, delayed until another mother said she’d gone to Hill End and thoroughly enjoyed it with her daughter. Following last month’s successful Forest School experience at one of the local children’s centres I decided that we’d go and the experience didn't disappoint.

Forest Hill School


The centre itself is nestled in the outskirts of Oxfordshire just to the West of the county. I used the sat nav to get there and despite it saying unknown road we arrived with plenty of time to find a car parking space and get acquainted with the beautiful place before her friends arrived. On site you will find a reception area, cafe and wide open spaces to run around in. There’s play areas catering for all children from Nature Tots like my daughter to teenagers who were seen orienteering.

My Daughter and the Sand Castle


With all new places it took a while before my daughter relaxed. She clung onto the side of the sandpit while her friends built sandcastles with their mums.

My Daughter in the Mud Kitchen


With time and encouragement she slowly got involved with all the activities around her. There was a tent to crawl through, a panel for water play, chilling out area complete with bean bags, a swing, muddy kitchen, picnic tables to sit and have your lunch on and a camp fire for story time. With the weather being so lovely it was decided not to light the bonfire but read 'The Fish That Could Wish' round the sand pit.


My Daughter Playing With Water

What have your little ones been up to lately?



This post was originally linked up with the following linkys: ablogginggoodtime, My Wild Ones, My Captured Moment and Whatever the Weather Wednesdays

Comments

  1. Forest school sounds like a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the 30dayswild challenge, I totally get the forest school thing and would be something I'd be happy to send my child too! #abloggingoidtime

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's brilliant fun with a lot to play with.

      Delete
  3. Hi Helena, Forest School sounds wonderful, anywhere children (and adults) can get away from technology and get back to basics is brilliant. I'm glad your daughter had a good time.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think everyone could do with a break now and again to refresh the batteries so to speak.

      Delete
  4. I'm loving seeing all the #30dayswild photos. Lovely seeing it on #mycapturedmoment

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm really enjoying reading your posts. My kiddies would love a forest school, they're an adventurous pair and would spend every second outdoors if they could #whatevertheweather

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks. Outdoors is definitely the place to be.

      Delete
  6. Wow we dont have something like this here and I am sure we would always go if we do. I try my best to always bring my son outside. He is always using his gadget inside the house and I want him to have a break from that thats why we joiuned this challenge too. So far so good. Rain or shine we are trying our best to enjoy the outdoors. #mywildones

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a shame could you set up a small version in your garden instead? I'm pleased to hear that you have been inspired by the challenge. Getting outside and connecting with nature is a joy.

      Delete
  7. I love anything to do with the great outdoors. Forest schools are such a great idea. We have been doing #30DaysWild too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. Hope you have been enjoying the challenge.

      Delete
  8. It sounds like you had a great day, Forest School sounds like lots of fun! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sure is great but sadly only runs during term time

      Delete
  9. aww this looks lovely. My daughter loves being outside as eveyrthing is just such a wonder to her. at the moment we are discovering grass and how weird it is and how it tickles your toes... and thats just me!!

    Thanks for linking to #ablogginggoodtime

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds like good fun to me. I'm imagining pics of tiny feet on different textures now.

      Delete
  10. I'm really keen for Finn to go to Forest School, it seems like such a great experience for kids, and so much healthier than being stuck inside. I really must try and find something local to us. Looks like your daughter had a lot of fun! #whatevertheweather

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She sure did when she'd settled in. I hope you can find something similar near you.

      Delete
  11. Wow - what a wonderful place to explore! We don't have a Forest School near us sadly, but I know my two would love it!

    Thanks for linking up to #MyWildOnes xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a pity. Are you able to set one up in the garden instead?

      Delete
  12. Forest school sounds awesome and everything I'd want for my children. Love your pictures this week, they really tell the story. Thank you so much for linking up to #MyCapturedMoment xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that place and look forward to taking my daughter back there again.

      Delete

Post a Comment