Stop, Slow Down and Use Your Senses

In our fast paced world in which we live in it is often great to take time out and be mindful of what is going on around us. Whether that means slowing down as we get to grips with learning new skills to walking at toddler speed through the main hospital stopping now and again to peer through the windows that look out on the road below.

A Cotswold 'Chocolate Box' House's window with plants

Similarly our walks through the countryside often in search of geocaches make us stop, listen and drink in the world around us in all its beauty. We were in the Cotswolds over the weekend and I was shocked to hear my husband saying "there’s not much to photograph round here!"

Eldest Examining Flowers

Clearly he hadn't taken notice of the foliage around him, the worm that was struggling to make its way across the path, the bird song that could be heard from the trees above and the dragonflies that hovered about the buttercups. Just by stopping, using all our senses and looking all around us, we can discover so much about our beautiful world.

A  field we passed through

That is why I'm so excited to be taking part in The 30 Days Wild campaign. It’s a chance to slow down, learn a great deal about our country, create wonderful memories and help our local wildlife to thrive.

So will you be joining us in slowing down during the month of June and connecting with the natural world?

Life Unexpected


Diary of an imperfect mum
Country Kids from Coombe Mill Family Farm Holidays Cornwall

Comments

  1. Slowing down and stopping to look at the world around us is such a great thing to do. It's one of the things I love most about parenthood - seeing the world again through a child's eyes and taking things at a slower pace. Love the sound of the 30 Days Wild campaign :-) #FamilyFun

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It definitely is. I'm sure your girls would love getting involved in the campaign.

      Delete
  2. I love taking photos as I think it forces you to slow down and really look. I'll follow your link and check out the campaign too. TY for linking up to #FamilyFun 🎉

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I so know what you mean about photos they are a great way of seeing the world, making memories and being mindful of our world.

      Delete
  3. Oh this is lovely - such a good reminder of the beautiful things in life. I definitely find slowing down can be a wonderful thing to do with my toddler. And I needed to read this post today - I'm inspired to get outside, even if it's just in my garden, I need it. I'll check out the challenge too. Thank you for sharing with #familyfun

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you. I'm pleased it has touched you and inspired you to get outside.

      Delete
  4. This is so true, sometimes we forget to just take a step back and enjoy what's going on around us. It's great that you managed to find the beautiful things in nature that sometimes manage to slip through the net. I look forward to reading about your challenge as you complete it. Thanks for linking up with me on #CountryKids.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Children are fantastic for slowing us down and taking in everything like sponges. We just have to be careful what we teach them.

      Delete
  5. I agree, it is lovely to just slow down and enjoy life :) Lovely picture ..

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my it looks so pretty there. The 30 Days Wild Campaign sounds fab.xx #countrykids

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, I like the sound of the 30 days wild campaign, going to have to check that out. I'm all for slowing down and appreciating what's around us. Looks like you had a lovely walk x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We'd gone in search of geocaches but some weren't there. The picturesque Cotswolds more than made up for this in my mind.

      Delete
  8. Loving all the 30 Days Wild posts, it really us important to slow down and appreciate nature and relax ourselves too. Thanks for linking up to #Whatevertheweather x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They certainly are enjoyable reads. Wildlife touches us all.

      Delete

Post a Comment