Pregnancy Update Week: 34

Last Monday with my daughter in tow we made the nerve wracking trip to the hospital. I say nerve wracking as not only was it the first time I had driven my husband’s car but you also never know what the doctors will find.

Parking spaces are rare at the hospital so I was really pleased to find one straight away. We then spent the entire morning seeing midwives and doctors. A trainee Midwife examined my bump and as she did so felt little one kick it is sooo lovely to feel baby being very active.

Symptoms

I keep wondering whether I will feel baby’s feet walking up and down me like I did with my daughter but so far I haven’t felt that. Instead I feel like they are a puffer fish and have puffed themselves up so much I can feel them in every crevice of my body. Things are starting to feel rather uncomfortable and clearly they are running out of room.

I was awoken one morning by baby who I swear was trying to find an exit on one side of my body! I've also increasingly felt Braxton Hicks with this baby. These seem to be increasingly more hard hitting movements than I remember ever feeling with my daughter.



Emotions

It’s fair to say my emotions have been all over the place during the week and I've been feeling pretty cheesed off having to continuously take my medication due to my Diabetes. I have also felt like the house has become somewhat of a dumping ground at times so I was relieved when my mum stepped in to take the mini whirlwind away so I could de-clutter the house from top to bottom. I even managed to get my hospital bag packed.

Purchases

My bag is now pretty much packed. I was questioning whether I ought to buy travel size bottles of lotions and potions to take in with me or whether to dispense some from bigger bottles into little see through ones. I plumped for the latter and when my hubby went to buy them he was asked whether he was going somewhere nice on holiday.

I also bought a Close Parent Caboo to put little one in and aim to take it to hospital with me. I've heard good things about this product and hope I can get on with it better than the long scarf type one I had with my daughter. Hopefully if I can use it easily enough I’ll be able to have my hands free to help my toddler and we can go for walks in the countryside without having to lug a buggy about.

Talking of pushchairs I'm wondering whether I ought to buy a double one or not. Do you have any recommendations?
MaternityMondays


Marvellous Mondays badge by Hello Archie

Reflections From Me

Rhyming with Wine

Comments

  1. Congratulations and you're nearly there. My baby was born at 34 weeks so it's good to know your little one is pretty much cooked! #marvmonday

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. It certainly feels like a countdown here. You've got me curious as to why they arrived at 34 weeks. Hope you were/are both well health wise.

      Delete
  2. Hi Helena, I hope your Braxton Hicks aren't too uncomfortable (I hated them). You sound like you're getting ready decluttering the house.

    I can't advise you on the pushchair front,as I'm clueless. But I do hope everything goes to plan when the time comes.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Debbie for your well wishes. Yes they can be rather uncomfortable sometimes.

      Delete
  3. Ah, it's so nice reading about someone whose only a couple of weeks ahead. I feel like it's getting so close! I've had no BH and didn't with my first, I kind of wish I did so I could practice breathing, glad things are going well. Thanks for linking up to #MarvMondays. Kaye xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree scarily close. Thanks for commenting.

      Delete
  4. Not long now then Helena? I loved packing my hospital bag, and then unpacking it, and then packing it again, and sniffing the little teeny tiny babygrows (What? Just me then?) Great that you've managed to have a good old declutter. We did go for a double as we have exactly two years between ours and for about a year or so it was excellent. Once our eldest hit 3 though she didn't really want to be in it and not we barely use a pushchair at all. The youngest is now 20 months and all about the trike while his big sister now scoots along beside us. I would say get one if you can, but you might not get that much use out of it in the long term so don't spend a fortune. Exciting times!
    Thanks for linking with #fartglitter x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Feels like the final countdown here. They do make the most adorable outfits. Thanks for the advice. x

      Delete
  5. so close YAY! I had a double pram and found it so helpful, I also had a baby sling which was a great help too once I figured out how to use it lol. I think with babies it is easy to overspend though and we tend to not need as much as we buy, so shop wise as they grow so fast don't they! Thanks for linking up xx #mg

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know frightening hey?! ;) It's surprising how much they get through just in the first 6 months or so. We sold our baby bouncer as soon as our daughter could get out of it so we'll have to get another now.

      Delete

Post a Comment