Our Garden: A Photo Walk

This month I am joining forces with the #30DaysWild campaign connecting with nature and learning about the wonderful world in which we live.

Today I thought I’d share with you a photo walk of our garden.  As you do not have to go far in order to connect with wildlife.


Stepping through the back door of the house into our garden you are confronted with our shed. We've made do with this shed since we moved in and it does the job ie. it houses our gardening tools. My favourite parts of the shed are these gorgeous outdoor terracotta pieces we bought at an auction. Perhaps I could use them to inspire a makeover one day akin to those gorgeous she sheds you see in craft magazines. Hey a girl can dream right?


Opposite the shed is our Rose patch. 


As you can see from this photo our daughter loves the garden and she has her own little area for playing hopscotch. 

At the bottom of the garden amongst the birds and the bees ....ok not quite peas but garden beans are being grown. There's also a tree and a compost heap. 


Along the left hand side of the garden is another patch that my husband uses to grow potatoes and carrots. Of course colour is something we love as a family and this purple is a perfect example of that. 


Home Etc
Cuddle Fairy
Best of Worst


Mummy Fever

Comments

  1. That tree is beautiful! Love a bit of blossom! #bloggerclubuk

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your garden. I wish ours was so secluded. We have a block of flats looking into our garden

    CAT X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Our neighbours can look into our garden but then equally we can look into theirs.

      Delete
  3. I like your terracotta pieces and your patch of beans - would love to grown more fruit and veg in our garden #bestandworst

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! The blossom on your tree is stunning and I am impressed by your vegetable patch too. I can appreciate a garden but my OH is the gardener in our relationship! ;) #homeetc

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. The garden is very much my hubby's domain.

      Delete
  5. We're joining in the #30DaysWild too. I can see your garden as a real retreat. Beautiful. Wonderful that you all have your spots in it. Lovely touches of colour.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fantastic. I do love it despite thinking it needs a few tweaks. Nature sure comes in beautiful colours.

      Delete
  6. Ugh what beautiful roses! I wish I had some. I usually buy one bloom at the florist. We planted a load of buddleia last year so looking forward to lots of purple this summer #bestandworst

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Nature sure comes in lovely colours.

      Delete
  7. I love a sneak round someone else's garden! I don't tend to grow a lot of roses myself, but I do admire other people's - yours looks lovely! And good luck with your beans! #HomeEtc

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. The green beans taste really good when they are ready. We grew some too long once mind.

      Delete
  8. Wow how gorgeous, what a lovely space for the kids to play in :) Thanks for linking up #bestandworst

    ReplyDelete
  9. How gorgeous is your garden? So beautiful - loving the blossom. Thanks for linking to #sharewithme - hope to see you again.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That Lilac tree is SO beautiful!!!! I bet your garden smells gorgeous at this time of year! :) Such a lovely space. Thanks so much for linking up with us on #HomeEtc — Caro x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Helena, what a lovely garden you have, and you're right you don't have to venture far to connect with nature. Your rose is beautiful colour.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I do feel it needs a few tweaks.

      Delete
  12. You have such a lovely garden! It's fab you are growing some veggies there too. I love the colours - they make a big difference! Thanks so much for linking up with us at #BloggerClubUK

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment