My Pregnancy Weeks 30-31


As we look forward to welcoming our second child into the world here is how I have been feeling this week.

Eating

I thought generally pregnant women put on weight rather than lost it but when I went to weigh myself the other day in hospital I discovered having been in the 70s I was now in the 60s.

On talking to the doctor he has told me that perhaps I've been putting myself on too strict a diet and it is ok to have carbs for breakfast as long as these are backed up by taking the right amount of insulin. Eating porridge or toast would mean I felt fuller for longer and not be reaching for the tea and biccies an hour after eating just a yoghurt.

For me breakfast is the hardest of all mealtimes. There are so many quick releasing sugar fuelled cereals out there and picking something I like and is good for me isn't easy. I think I may even need to start taking one of those colour coded nutrition labelled leaflets out with me.

Drinking

I'm drinking water throughout the day and particularly like a supermarket’s own brand of flavoured mineral water. It always seems to be on offer and makes a lovely change. A cup of tea also seems to be finding its way into my tummy. Perhaps not such a great thing as I hear it can accelerate baby’s heart beat.

Feeling

I'm exhausted. Last night i was woken by a poorly daughter several times. Baby decided it was going to use my bladder as a trampoline and my hubby has taken to snoring! My iron levels have also dipped so the vampires (sorry hospital staff) have been monitoring it closely to see if I need tablets. I tell you I'm starting to feel like a bloated guinea pig!

Emotions

I've been on a roller coaster regarding my emotions. Generally I'm all right but then I can fly off the handle at other times. I'm unsure as to whether this is pregnancy or my blood sugar levels.  I've moved things around in my daughter’s bedroom a bit and my hubby asks where things are despite me telling him it’s all there in her cupboard.

Reading

There are two books that I absolutely adore and like to look back over. These two were books I picked up when I was pregnant with my first born. First Kaz Cooke’s Rough Guide to Pregnancy details what is happening each week and makes for a funny read. The other is Blooming Beautiful by Melanie Sykes which shows you how to dress the bump and look and feel gorgeous.

My Bump

With the weather being cold I have stayed snug and warm under my jumpers. This has led to many people saying ‘I didn't realise you were pregnant’. My hubby on the other hand thinks they are daft and I've got bigger as the weeks have progressed. Personally I'm not waddling but am feeling like a big bloated whale. I can’t see my c section from my previous pregnancy and can feel the reassuring kicks of baby.  

MaternityMondays


Marvellous Mondays badge by Hello Archie


Mummascribbles
Best of Worst
Cuddle Fairy

Comments

  1. 30 weeks! I'm 26 now and need to drink more water. Stupidly, I wasn't really aware tea affected baby that much, I feel as if I really should cut down now.Thanks for linking up to #MarvMondays! Kaye xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think one or two cups may be ok but then caffeine can be found in other things to. Best to talk to the midwife looking after you.

      Delete
  2. I'm sure feeling tired sets off the emotions. I hope you get some decent sleep #MarvMondays

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I think that if you are tired you are more on edge right? Thanks.

      Delete
  3. Banks for sharing. Pregnancy certainly has its ups and downs especially with emotions! #twinklytuesday

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah lots going on hun! Hope you manage to eat a bit more and keep your blood sugars ok. Eggs for brekkie are a good one. I hid bump under my umper at the weekend and no one had a clue I was pregnant. Thanks for sharing with #bestandworst xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is but living every day and enjoying time with little one gets me through. Jumpers are great - wonder what else we could hide under them ....

      Delete
  5. I was soooo tired in my second pregnancy because you can't rest like you can in the first one - I feel for you! #passthesauce

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm actually feeling less tired than my first pregnancy which is strange.

      Delete
  6. Sorry I MEANT #bestandworst!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. learnt a new linky now :) Must look at that one

      Delete
  7. Sounds like you have had a bit of an up and down week, don't worry about the tea drinking too much, I couldn't live without coffee while expecting baby no. 3 with the lack of sleep and two others to look after, my little one was just fine. Thanks for linking to #maternitymondays

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sarah for putting my mind at rest.

      Delete
  8. The emotional roller coaster is a tough one & for me it continued for a few months after giving birth. Those pregnancy hormones can be rough. Best of luck to you in your third trimester! Thanks so much for linking up with #bloggerclubuk x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment