How to Dress Your Bump: My Maternity Style

Being pregnant can be a wonderful experience but it is not always easy to know how to dress your bump. The last thing you want to do is go out with your bump on full display right? So I've compiled a list of places in which to help deal with this conundrum.

How to Dress Your Bump: My Maternity Style

Use What You Have

During the first couple of trimesters I was able to get away with clothes I wore when not pregnant but as the baby grows the wardrobe has changed. I've brought out the maternity tops and jeans from my previous pregnancy and added to my capsule wardrobe a few tops as well as dresses.

How to Dress Your Bump: My Maternity Style

Shop in Store 

With my first pregnancy I bought brand new tops and jeans from New Look (other brands are available). At the time there was a small maternity section in store so it was a lovely experience to try on things you like and treat yourself.

Shop Online

Sadly maternity clothes are mainly found online these days. I'm assuming that if you are used to buying online and sending things back if they don’t fit or comply with your needs then you are all set.

How to Dress Your Bump: My Maternity Style

Nearly New Sales

However, I like to have things physically in my hand before making a purchase. For that reason I have turned to Nearly New Sales for additional pieces (such as the Seraphine dress featured above) and have found things at rock bottom prices while still being in great condition. Ok you may not be able to try on the items but you can still feel the condition of the item you are about to purchase and that means a lot to me.

Maternity Clothes Libraries

In my area there is also the possibility of renting pieces from a Maternity Clothes Library with all money raised going to charity. If this is something that you’d like to do, why not search to see if something similar exists near you.

How do you like to shop for your clothes?

This post was originally linked up to the following linkys: Mummascribles, Maternity Mondays and Marvellous Mondays.

Comments

  1. That's such a great idea. After all you wear them for such a short amount of time it seems daft spending a fortune. I know what you mean about wanting to see the clothes. First time round our big Asda stocked them but not second time. I did buy off eBay though as o thought they were so cheap, I could just sell on if they weren't right. Thanks for linking up #MaternityMondays

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the idea of renting and the money going to charity.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I lived in my topshop maternity jeans. It is so hard disingenuous decent maternity stuff though as you say with most of it being online. I ordered a few bits from asos.com and it all went back! #twinklytuesday

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh dear that wasn't a good experience for you.

      Delete
  4. I remember going shopping for maternity clothes and coming out crying as it was all so dreadful! I ended up buying bits from Mothercare and doing a lot of clicking and collecting ... Good luck with finding a few extra bits you like

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww I'm sorry to hear that. With 6 weeks to go I wont be adding to my wardrobe.

      Delete
  5. I am going through exactly this experience now, but for some reason I threw away all my maternity clothes from my first pregnancy in "the great purge" and have had to start again with my wardrobe during this pregnancy. It wasnt so bad in the first and second trimester, but the third trimester has been tricky and like you I prefer to try things on rather than order online and then return if they dont fit (very frustrating). It sounds like the maternity clothes library is a great idea, im going to see if we have one in ours! Thanks for linking up to #MarvMondays. Emily

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're very welcome. I hope you can find a few things to see you through.

      Delete
  6. I used all my maternity clothes from my first pregnancy to my second one and it worked really well. I guess I'm lucky as I love buying online. I bought some maternity clothes from ASOS and they were really good so I didn't need to send them back. But yes it can be a hassle when they don't fit. I like the idea of the Maternity clothes library. Very useful. :-) xx #marvmondays
    (Blog: A Moment With Franca)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's good you were able to do that. Do you have any tips for successful online shopping?

      Delete

Post a Comment