WotW: Present


This week I have chosen the word ‘present’ as I feel I've found the perfect presents for people and have been concentrating on the here and now.

Swap Shop

My daughter and I travelled to a swap shop over the weekend which was held in a hall. Swap shops are fantastic for dropping stuff off and picking up other things for free. You don’t need to bring anything and you don’t have to take anything.  This human style of wombling is encouraged to save our environment, just be prepared to get stuck in. I dropped off a couple of things and picked up a handful of magazines and a cake tin. The magazines have been glanced at and the inspiring projects pulled out for when I feel like doing something creative.  I don’t tend to buy magazines like this as I prefer to use Pinterest, so having them in my hands is a total joy. I also envisage the cake tin coming in handy for my creations as opposed to cake making.

Pregnancy

I got a high blood sugar reading of 17.1 on Sunday. This was most likely to be as a result of skipping my lunchtime insulin. To add to this I thought I’d search online as to what to do regards the high reading and an American website suggested I ring 911 as I was heading for a coma! I decided to put off ringing the ambulance and hoped my bloods would go back to normal the next day which they did. I phoned the midwife and let her know what had happened and she reassured me. I've also been feeling little flutterings so I'm feeling optimistic.   

Toddler Group

Having decided to try an alternative route to toddler group on a Wednesday we've been getting there rather early. This has been great for my daughter as she gets to play with the ride on toys and not get pushed off by the bigger kids.  I felt so sorry for her once that I vowed I’d get one at home for her and after the swap shop on Saturday, I came across one for £3 in a charity shop.  Every day since getting it she has made use of it and presses the buttons to make the music. Just one problem – where is the off button???!!!

Dad’s Birthday

Wednesday was also my Dad’s birthday. Having noticed a number of bloggers delight in a camera money box I thought it was the ideal present for my father. Buying for men can be soo difficult so as soon as I saw it I knew I wanted to get it for him as he loves photography and travel. So now he can enjoy saving up for his next adventure or purchase.  

Poorly

My daughter has not been very well recently. I am not sure whether it is something she picked up from nursery or not but I feel very sorry for her. So we've had a day of rest and she’s not been given any dairy. She woke early this morning and fell asleep on our bed as she was sooo tired. She’s just gone back down for her morning nap so I’ve taken the opportunity to write this.


What did you get up to this week?


The Reading Residence




Comments

  1. It is important to concentrate on the here and now, but it's something I think we lose sight of so eaily. Glad you've managed it and well done of the gift and the charity shop find x Thanks for sharing with #WotW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Being Diabetic I've got to be in the present taking all those meds. Just taking one day at a time and hopng all works out. It's a great feeling when you think you've found the perfect gift for someone.

      Delete
  2. I love the idea of a swap shop but I have been unable to locate one near me. Glad you have managed to get your presents sorted, I find buying for men quite difficult.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You could always set one up. Tell me about it - I had to ask my hubby what he wanted.

      Delete
  3. I do like the idea of the Swap Shop. What fun.
    I hope your girl feels better soon x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are great but worth trying out several. Thanks Kim

      Delete
  4. My husband says we must live in the moment and that social media is taking it away from us. I think a bit of both is ok though

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh definitely all in moderation as they say

      Delete
  5. A busy week, I am glad that you could be present for it. Hope that all keeps going well with your insulin levels and that your daughter is better soon. Exciting for you to be having flutterings! Thank you for joining Five On Friday again this week, I do so appreciate it and enjoy reading your posts. Hope you have a great weekend! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the well wishes Amy. Pleased to hear you are on the mend. Feeling touched by your compliment. It has made my day.

      Delete
  6. Sounds like a busy week! I hope your daughter will get well soon! My son was sick a lot too lately and he got it from school as well. I am thinking when will ythe getting all the bugs from school end! #wotw

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the well wishes. Schools and toddler groups sure do spread bugs it's true. :(

      Delete

Post a Comment