Word of the Week: England



Ah England even though we were away just for the Easter weekend it was a joy to be back on Sunday. Our daughter couldn't hold her happiness back either as she was soon back to her tricks of emptying the kitchen cupboards, moving the drier (our indoor washing line) and pressing the buttons on the washing machine.

So what’s been making me happy this week?

  • Being able to speak my mother tongue (English)
  • Going to the toilet without having to pay
  • Bumping into the grandparents
  • Visiting local/familiar places
  • Understanding the description of geocaches
  • Being more in control of the food and drink I can consume. As a fussy, pregnant, diabetic sometimes it wasn’t easy to find food that agreed with me abroad.
  • Little one’s reassuring kicks
  • Reading Pregnancy & Birth, Blogs and Magazines
  • Sunshine streaming into my daughter’s bedroom
  • My husband making me laugh: he got very confused over the time change and ended up going to work an hour earlier
  • Our daughter showing us her French side as she tried to eat a tiny snail! Unfortunately, she forgot the garlic and to remove the shell. 



What Katy Said
The Reading Residence

Comments

  1. I understand exactly, that's why I always say it's good to go, but better to come home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is nice to be home, I understand. We've been away for a few days and judging by the kids' reactions to coming home and exploring the house, you'd think it'd been months we were away! Thanks for sharing with #WotW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's lovely to feel attached to a place. Sounds like Yorkshire was great.

      Delete
  3. There is nothing like coming home after some time away. I love sun streaming through a room, I think it because u have so many memories as a child searching it X #wotw

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahh! How lovely! Lots of things to make you happy x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's great to look back at all the happy moments

      Delete
  5. Oh your husband and the hour made me laugh too - hope he saw the funny side (in the end!) Have a fab week x #wotw

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes he was ok with it and his boss said he could leave earlier if he wanted.

      Delete
  6. Hi Helena, it's always nice to get home after being away. Being diabetic and pregnant can't be funny, but at least you are in more control now. Hats off to your daughte as I'm not sure I could eat a snail!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Debbie It sure is great to be back so I can be more in control. Snails are rather rubbery in texture and are rather bland sans garlic. We have one crazy daughter - I'm pleased she survived.

      Delete
  7. Theres always that familiarity of home that is priceless. Welcome back =) #wotw

    ReplyDelete
  8. Going away can be lovely but it is nice to be back home again in your own environment and to be able to be more in control of things. Sunshine streaming into the bedroom is always lovely - somehow everything seems so much better when the sun is shining.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh for sure- I feel like hibernating when Autumn comes around. Home is where my heart is and I like to have some control.

      Delete
  9. I love going away but there is just something so nice about returning home again. Your husband going to work early made me laugh! Thanks for linking up to #HappyDaysLinky x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment