Week 28: Missing a Piece of Puzzle

Struggled again today to find a parking place at the hospital; a problem not helped by those jumping the queue.

Once we’d checked in (at 10:30am) we were in for a long wait to see all the hospital staff but my daughter soon started making friends with the other children and played with the toys. She was also offered a long bread stick from one family that looked as if no:3 was on the way.

Finally, we were called in to have the baby scan and while my daughter sipped milk from her bottle in her pushchair, the Sonographer measured the baby. She told me that all the babies she had seen today appeared to be lying in the same position which meant it wasn’t easy to take the tummy measurements but she got there. All the measurements were very promising and eased the mind.

Downstairs I gave in a sample of urine and weighed myself. It seems I have lost a little weight which my hubby thinks could be down to the countryside walk we did recently. We then had a long wait before my blood pressure was measured by the Midwife. Then we saw the Obstetrician who looked over the results from the scan and was very pleased with the results. Unfortunately, due to the local dispensary messing me about with my prescription I was unable to give in any blood results for the week. So the Doctor has told me that if I have any more grief from them I am to contact the head of the Diabetics team and set them on them if they don’t cooperate. Not having all the results together is like having a piece of puzzle missing! 

Finally, as my daughter fell asleep in her pushchair, I had 4 vials of blood taken. By midday we were both thoroughly exhausted and ready to hit the shops for lunch. 

Still the hospital’s staff knows my history now and are doing all they can to watch over my pregnancy. I just wish that the dispensary would stick to their policy of a 48 hour turn around on medication or less.

MaternityMondays

Marvellous Mondays badge by Hello Archie

Comments

  1. Shame you're getting such good service from everyone except the people who have your drugs. Hope everything is going well, my baby was in an awkward position at the first scan lol. #MaternityMondays

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So far everything has been pretty positive so I'm holding on to that. Thanks for commenting.

      Delete
  2. These appointments do take a lot of time don't they. I hope they can get on top of things for next time. Thank you for linking with #maternitymondays (Loving life with little ones)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those little monkeys are so awkward, aren't they? We had to wander about and have a jiggle to get baby moving for our scan too. Hope your pregnancy continues safely. Thanks for linking up to #MarvMondays. Kaye xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They can be. Thank you for the well wishes.

      Delete

Post a Comment