Frugal Finds on a Friday

I do love a good bargain and when I was told about the Sue Ryder Sale in Nettlebed I thought we’d check it out. We arrived to see cars parked all over the grounds of the estate and many others parked outside. We managed to find a parking space and made our way to the house. It was like a big car boot sale but all in aid of the hospice.

I thought I'd share with you five items I picked up from the sale.  


I've been looking for a tea set for my daughter to play with as she grows up so when I saw this minus the paints for £1 I thought I'd get it for her.


Of course I'm also a fan of books and when I saw these I just had to get them. I'm seriously tempted to claim the craft book for myself though. 


These cute little stationery pieces also called out to me as I looked at the stalls laid out in front of us.

So there we have it I'm now tempted to go back again. They are held every three weeks whatever the weather. 

What frugal finds have you discovered lately?






Comments

  1. I rescued some bargain plants from Walmart before they died.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great finds! Isn't it good to find these like these. Thank you for joining Five On Friday, I hope you have a fun weekend! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I love surrounding myself with pretty pieces like these. I do wonder whether it's easier to find stationery around certain times of the year.

      Delete
  3. I am always on the look out for thrifty finds for my Grandchildren when they visit, I usually get lucky with games and books. You certainly found some treasure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Games and books are great things for little ones and older people alike.

      Delete
  4. What lovely thrifty finds! The garage sales here in Michigan will start up soon. There is a wonderful neighbourhood one next weekend that I am looking forward to.

    Recently my best finds were a bunch of cross stitch magazines and leaflets (hard-to-find ones) that were just twenty-five cents each at a charity shop.

    Have a great week

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. We don't have any of those round here the nearest in the UK I guess to one would be carboot sales. Will you blog about the experience? Always lovely to find craft magazines.

      Delete
  5. I love the idea of the paint a tea set - sound great fun - enjoy! And have a lovely bank holiday x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully my daughter will agree. Hope you also have a great bank holiday.

      Delete

Post a Comment