This week in 5: Crazy


This week’s word has to be crazy. Either I have been driven crazy by people and things around me, or my daughter has done crazy things.

Journey

It all kicked off on Monday morning when there was a gas leak and car crash nearby to where I live. To be honest I didn't know how I ought to get out of the village I live in and decided to follow the majority of cars. In hind sight I think I should have tried going in the opposite direction and not following like a sheep, but there we have it stuck for at least an hour more than necessary on the way to clinic!

Hospital

When I arrived my little one was in a good mood having had a sleep in the car. She enjoyed playing with the toys and rearranging the little chairs. I wonder sometimes whether she knows the art of Feng Shui.

We were called by the various staff after an hour of sitting around and soon I was strapped up to measure my blood pressure looking down at my feet I saw my daughter with the black little pump in her hand! Fortunately she released her grip and the midwife took my blood pressure. Then it was up on the couch and the midwife found baby’s heartbeat straight away and smiled down at my daughter stood by her side.  

When the doctor saw us she opened his desk drawer and lost her water bottle as we were about to head home! A quick search led to a very thirsty toddler being contented again.

Toddler Group

On Wednesday crazy baby went to toddler group and kept escaping next door to play on the ride on toys and sat in the music box when everyone around her was singing and shaking their instruments.

Passport

We are hoping to go on our first family holiday to see my sister later this month but getting my daughter’s passport has proved challenging. Not only do they need to know that she is British, but me as her mum and my parents too! Hopefully we have all the necessary documentation in place to be sent off now.

Friday


Now with another Friday here – how did it come round again so quick?! You’d think that the craziness would have subsided right?!  Oh no it was in the air with vengeance - I locked the car with the keys still in the ignition and my daughter on the other side asleep.  Once we’d got in my toddler squawked all the way round the supermarket, while my medication that I’d gone in to get had been misplaced only to be found once I’d gone into the doctor’s surgery.

How did your week go?



The Reading Residence
Mr and Mrs T Plus Three



Comments

  1. Certainly sounds like a crazy week, here's hoping for a calmer one for you this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no, it does all sound crazy! Glad baby's OK and here's hoping you have a more normal week next week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes she's a trooper that probably thinks I'm nuts lol

      Delete
  3. Gosh that does sound like a crazy week! I hope that the weekend and next week will be much easier for you! Thank you for sharing at Five On Friday, hope you have a great weekend. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. You did have a crazy week. Mine was much calmer. How did you get into your car?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Supermarket staff helped. I had to laugh when one of the staff members asked if I'd fill in a customer experience review.

      Delete
  5. Oh dear! I hope you have a peaceful weekend to compensate. My week was calm in comparison except I'm prone to forgetting where I've left my keys, mobile phone, watch etc. before setting out. We've had quite a lot of noise going on in our street due to the council's lengthy project putting in new street lighting, digging up our pavements and replacing them with new. We've just had two toddlers staying with us over night so as enjoyable as it was to have them visit we certainly had to be alert as they explored 'a new house'!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes baby brain - although it's usually my hubby using my keys instead of his own as mine are easier to locate! Sounds like its been crazy over at yours too with toddlers and the council.

      Delete
  6. Wow, that is a lot of events happening for you. You seem to keep it in place and pregnant two, I don't know how you manage. When. I was pregnant second time I was half dead. I hope next week is much more calmer for you X #WOTW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You've put that image of a duck in my mind now hehe. Calm on the surface, paddling away crazily underneath.

      Delete
  7. Wow that is a crazy week. I hope the passport gets sorted out quickly. I'm not looking forward to do doing that for my little lady. We locked our keys and our son in the car last year, it was a terrible experience one I never wish to repeat!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I may pass on some advice. Get it done with loads of time to spare and don't pay for the holiday until its done. Sorry to hear you've had the same experience.

      Delete
  8. Definitely sounds like a crazy week - hope the weekend has been a calm one and that you get the passports sorted out soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Passport sorted :) Just need to pack.

      Delete
  9. That definitely sounds a crazy one - sounds like you did well to get through it. Hope it's a calmer week this week :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely a roller coaster. This week has sure been calmer.

      Delete

Post a Comment