My Word of the Week: Amaze


I started my week with my husband announcing that he had a week off. This came as a surprise to me but I have enjoyed every minute of being with him. Doing things as a family every day is really lovely and we will all miss him when he goes back on Sunday.  

Pregnancy

Not one for staying in he’s been driving us to the countryside for lovely long walks and taking me to hospital for checkups. Our little one is still very much a surprise to us in that we don’t know which pronoun to use but they delight us and with lots of space in my tummy they've been really active.

I've heard a couple of people say it’s a wonder with my past pregnancy that I've not been put off having another, but I feel really blessed and think the world of my care team who have delighted in having holds of their big sister. The sonographer on Wednesday even likened her to a model and better than her kids.

Big Sister

My crazy toddler has taken to wriggling free from the arms of loved ones whenever she can and is not afraid of dirt as she crawls down the garden path if the door is left open or discovers a few crumbs that she left behind after mealtimes. She’s become quite the little climber too climbing on top of the sofabed in our living room, the television stand and her pushchair so she can get to the computer table!

Walks

Our family are keen geocachers having clocked up 10,000 finds and are still going. This week we have been on a couple of geocaching adventures around the woods in our county and our daughter has loved being in her carrier on Daddy’s back. She jumps up and down as if to say “keep moving” to him and has even fallen asleep in it.

NCT Sales

The spring NCT sales are back this month and so far I have been to three. Two of which I have volunteered at and another was further afield but having heard good things about it I was keen to have a nosy. I am so pleased I did as I managed to pick up a few items on my little list and was surprised to see that others had not picked up the things I did prior to me entering the building. Brand new Bobux shoes with little rabbits and fairies now cover her feet and she loves her LittleLife ladybird bag.

Needlework

My daughter and I went to an event called ReFashion held earlier in the month.  This year it seemed smaller than usual with fewer charities getting involved, but we did a bit of swishing and came away with a few lovely pieces of clothing. Unfortunately, when I got these home I discovered that a top had a hole at the bottom of it so I searched around for a motif to put in its place. My imagination suggested little white flowers (Daisies) would look great on a black background but in the haberdashery near me the closest I came was Bumblebees so now they adorn my garment.

What has surprised you this week?

Comments

  1. Sounds a lovely week all round. I love it when my husband's at home, too, feels really special even doing the most ordinary of things. Well done on the shoe find, too! Thanks for sharing with #WotW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree spending time as a family is fantastic no matter what we do.

      Delete
  2. Sounds like a wonderful week, its great to pick up bargains both, the shoes sound amazing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. With the change in seasons there are definitely bargains out there.

      Delete
  3. Glad you had a week of great amazement and good things!!! I am sure that you and your husband had a lovely time this week. Thank you for taking part in Five On Friday, hope you have a good weekend and a good Easter! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Amy. We sure did have a great week. I think his words at the end of the week were 'I can't believe I have to return to work tomorrow'.

      Delete
  4. It does sound like a good week. I'm sure the bumblebees look good. Very seasonal. Our bumblebees are starting to emerge. #WotW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've not seen any yet but it sounds like they need a lot of help to survive these days.

      Delete
  5. What a fabulous week. It is great you have hubby to support you this week and you can get out about. Your daughter sounds ace and love the fact she is confident to explore X #wotw

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He sure is supportive and a joy to have around. Our toddler is crazy and words like 'fear' don't seem to be in her vocabulary yet.

      Delete
  6. Good word for the week. It sounds like you had an enjoyable one what with having your husband's unexpected week off and being able to go geocaching, finding clothes bargains for your daughter etc. Hope you have another good week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Linda yes it's been a great week. :)

      Delete
  7. Hi Helena, I hope that the baby bump continues to not cause you any hassles. Your little girl sounds like she is at that fun'handful' age, I hope she doesn't give you too much grief when baby arrives.

    I've looked into geocaching and think I know what it is, but don't fully understand how to go about it (although I'm not sure there are any here), but it does sound like fun.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Debbie for your well wishes

      I looked at the map for you and noticed that there are only a handful near you and they are very spread out.

      Delete

Post a Comment