This week in 5: Comfort


This week seems to have flown by yet again and soon we will be in March! The sunshine has been very welcoming during the mornings but instead of the dawn chorus I hear my daughter talking to her teddy bears from the comfort of her junior bed. She makes the world a brighter place even though she brings both joy and frustration at times.

Home

We now have a new mattress in our bedroom after I complained so much that the other one we had was really killing my back. We got it in the sales but were still staggered at the cost of mattresses! When the lads arrived to collect it they were greeted by my little one who was chanting Dada Dada until she saw them.

Eating

I'm relieved to have my husband back after a mini break away from us over the weekend. I find I am far more relaxed when he is around and get to enjoy his lovely homemade cooked meals that he adores creating. I also bought myself a couple of books regarding lessening sugar in take so I'm looking forward to trying out those with him.

Pregnancy

I'm now half way into my second pregnancy and according to incoming baby emails, the baby can hear the world outside my bump. I'm not sure whether that’s a good thing when my 1 year old toddler is squealing from being frustrated she can’t do something.

Watching

My crazy toddler has taken to rocking the TV, pressing the buttons both on the DVD Player and the washing machine and even tries to get into all the kitchen cupboards. Yes its official I have a mini tornado in the house who also hides behind the drier and can crawl on and off beds. No cable is safe from her little hands and though she tries to help with hoovering and drying clothes it doesn't quite work out as I’d planned.

On Wednesday we went to Toddler Group but instead of keeping to the baby room she kept escaping next door no doubt in pursuit of play dough, dressing up and bigger toys.

Later that same day she had her MMR injections poor girl but as she hadn't slept in the morning she was able to have a good sleep after that.

Buying

I've been stocking up on some things for her to wear next year. I really don’t see the point of buying things at full price if you don’t have to. I've hung these items up at the back of her wardrobe for now until my husband has time to decorate the bottom drawer in her room.

How did your week go?



The Reading Residence
Mr and Mrs T Plus Three



Comments

  1. I used to stock my from the sales when my own daughters were small, I still do it now but for Grandchildren. I pick up books and toys from car boot sales so there is always something new for them to enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Car boot sales are great at times but a bit hit and miss - best on a lovely sunny day.

      Delete
  2. I was shocked at mattress prices when we bought a new one too. We didn't get the inner springs at the same time, but now we need them and I'm not looking forward to the expense.
    Good idea buying the clothes when they're on sale.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They certainly are steep but as you need somewhere to sleep every night there's nothing better than your own luxury bed.

      Delete
  3. I like to stock in in advance in the sales, too, as hate paying full price for their clothes! We need a new mattress, but yes, they are so expensive! Glad you're finding yours comfortable. Thanks for sharing with #WotW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Brand new can be expensive and second hand can be just as expensive as brand new sale items.

      Delete
  4. Ohhh I remember the days of being pregnant with my second and my daughter becoming a tornado, hard work but so worth it! I am rather jealous of the homecooked meals though! My partners homecooked meals include beans and burnt bread. Nothing more, nothing less! #wordoftheweek

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh dear that's not good at all. My Dad would say that adds to the taste!

      Delete
  5. Stocking up in the sales can save you so much can't it?! Yes, well worth doing if you can as you can bag some bargains. Being pregnant second time around is a different experience isn't it; no gentle taking it easy days with a toddler in tow! I'm sure it'll get easier
    x
    #WoTW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sure can - just need to reign myself in by keeping to a list. Love my daughter she's better than a sports trainer.

      Delete
  6. Yes mattresses are the real money taker when getting a new bed, but when the back hurts, it's a necessity. I remember being pregnant the second time and having a toddler around, it's tiring but enjoy those 1:1 moments while you can. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Chel I'm no gym bunny so it's a good thing I've a tiring tot. The mattress is very welcomed at the end of the day.

      Delete
  7. Enjoy those lovely home cooked meals and the new mattress, looking after a toddler whilst pregnant is hectic, So you defiantly deserve the comfort x #wotw

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. She is a joy and a crazy tot all in one.

      Delete
  8. Ah bet it was lovely to get hubby back, and especially to cook all that lovely food. Pregnancy is so exciting isn't it? Such a special time x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I certainly feel more relaxed when hubby is around. He brings calmness and love.

      Delete
  9. It's been lovely to see a bit of the sun hasn't it? And the lighter evenings - yay! And yes, mattresses are super expensive but worth it, hope your back improves now you've the new one x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The mattress has been fantastic, being thicker than what we had before it took a few days to adjust but now it's bliss.

      Delete

Post a Comment