Kicking out the Clutter

This week I have been working on getting rid of the clutter in my home and making way for much loved items.

My Daughter's Wardrobe


My little one loves to try and eat everything and anything she can get hold of. So we've been getting rid of things that we no longer need including my fancy dress wigs and wings I bought while at University. I decided to use the well known site Freegle and a lady picked them up for her daughter. Doing this has enabled them to carry on giving enjoyment in this world.

Then I attended a swap shop where you can bring something and take away other items saving them from landfill. I took an old pair of curtains and a letter holder and came back with children’s toys, books and a little lamp shade for the lamp that I may have otherwise thrown away.  

I also swapped some old clothes of my daughters for some others in a bigger size at a swishing event. This was not only an environmentally friendly activity but the entrance fee helped a charity out too.

Lots of clothes are great and there’s always something that catches your eye right?. However, sometimes it’s not easy to see the wood for the trees so to speak and therefore I have been considering what it would be like to have a capsule wardrobe for me and my daughter. I have so far compiled a winter collection for myself therefore allowing me to see what  could be sold on.

Finally we sold our wine rack. With me not drinking alcohol and my hubby drinking very little we didn't feel we needed it any more and therefore have let it go.

This post was originally linked up with JocelynAmy and Amy

Comments

  1. What a great five, some wonderful alternatives to consider. I usually do a car boot sale if I have a lot to get rid of or fill a charity shop bag. I love the idea of a swap shop. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. My hubby tried doing a carboot sale last year but didn't enjoy it. So we are trying different approaches to move the clutter/treasure.

      Delete
  2. I so need to de clutter. I make half hearted attempts and get rid of done items one way or another but really I should do a huge overhaul. Food for thought post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a good list, sounds like you've been very productive this week. I don't like clutter either so it always feels good to have a proper sort out. Thanks for sharing with #WotW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I do try to be productive and find list making helps.

      Delete
  4. All great ideas for reducing the clutter in our homes, thereby clearing our minds and making room for new things.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I've found some lovely new things recently.

      Delete
  5. Isn't it great to have a clear out! I love getting rid of things and sorting out and being organised! Very freeing indeed. Hope that you enjoy the results of your sorting. Thank you for joining Five On Friday, happy weekend! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A clear house leads to a clear mind for me

      Delete
  6. I like the idea of taking things in and trading them for something you need. What a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A swap shop sounds like a great idea, don't know of any around here though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Perhaps you could set one up and see how it goes. :)

      Delete
  8. I think a good declutter is good for the soul! I'm not a big clutter fan so I applaud you. Have you tried Freecycle. Not quite the same as a swap shop but it does allow you to donate and collect for free
    #Wordoftheweek

    ReplyDelete
  9. The swap shop sounds ideal - and a great idea for things that you no longer need, but can't throw away. And I think clutter is a fab word, even if its actual meaning isn't so! :) #wotw

    ReplyDelete
  10. We have so much clutter in our house, we really need to sort it out. Thanks for linking up to #TheList x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment