Word of the Week: Thought

This week I have been deep in thought as to what it would mean to take my blog and become a business.

Thoughts of how do you make money from blogging or do some people just get lucky?

What should I be blogging about ie should I also cover more of my creative side and create things to sell?

The when is fairly obvious I think I should be doing everything (and really well too) right now. I know Rome wasn't built in a day, but wouldn't it be best if I was successful right now?

Whereas the why comes in the form of helping out my family and having a feeling of finally being successful in life.

To help me I've been looking at what other bloggers have written about running a blog. Here’s my top 5 favourites in no particular order:

  1. Blog Archives - by Chloe who owns the blog Life Unexpected
  2. 5 Tips to Get Your Blog Brand Ready - by Deborah aka Super Busy Mum 
  3. 10 Ways to Make Money Blogging - by Kerry who's blog is Oh So Amelia
  4. How to Start a Lifestyle Blog - by Dana Fox who blogs and vlogs The Wonderforest
  5. My 20 Top Tips for Bloggers by Jocelyn at The Reading Residence
If you have any experience of becoming a business I'd love to hear from you.


The Reading Residence
You Baby Me Mummy

Comments

  1. Ah, so nice of you to mention one of my posts, thank you. Hope it's of some help. Yes, my blog is a business, and I love it. I think you're spot on with the Rome analogy there, as it does take time and hard work - I doubt many bloggers get lucky with this one! But the great thing about blogging is that it is there for anyone to work at, just keep writing and networking, which should help grow your followers, which should grow your blog. Good luck with it :) Thanks for sharing with #WotW

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi - I have been blogging for about 8 months now and unfortunately it has not grown which is a huge disappointment. Keep working hard and good luck. Joan at www.aviewtothefells.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too have wondered such things, especially earlier this year when things were a little rocky for us. Sadly I have no advice or suggestions for you, but if you wish to take your blog in that direction I wish you all the best and hope that it works out for you. Thank you for joining Five On Friday. I hope that you have a great weekend! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck with the blog, it's not as easy as some people make it seem unless you have something to sell I think. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That does sound a thoughtful week, hope it works out the way you want it too. No advice though I'm afraid, other than do what you feel is right for you x #wotw

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have no ideas sorry! But I do know that I have stopped reading some blogs because so many posts are selling something and it's just feels forced. I have turned down a number of sponsored posts because, for example, what do I know about tyres ha! Good luck with it, I hope it works out as you hope x x x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh best of luck taking your blog and turning it into a business. It's something I've often thought about but it's a fine line between not having any income whilst you get this blog/business off the ground vs the requirement for income !
    My only thought would be to keep it real, don't sell yourself out for money because your true readers will know and will turn off. Like Lisa @intotheglade I was approached for a tyre offer and the money was good, however when it came do delivering posts on driving it wasn't for me.
    Best of luck and have a great week
    #WoTW

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good luck with the chance of direction, I am no experience in this so can't give advice but just be true to yourself X

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good luck! I hope you can make all the changes you would like. Sounds exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm afraid that I too have no useful advice on this, but I do wish you the very best of luck!xx #WotW

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm afraid that I too have no useful advice on this, but I do wish you the very best of luck!xx #WotW

    ReplyDelete
  12. Best of luck! I don't have any useful advice apart from have fun and stay true to yourself

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment