Word of the Week: Staycation

This week has been full to the brim with activities from attending baby events to our daughters firsts. We were originally going to go abroad this week, well it was highly considered by my hubby, but my worry over our daughter led him to have a staycation.

Monday

On Monday we attended an event south of the county. A chance for my husband to get to see what we get up to over the week. We listened to a lecture on the high need child, co-sleeping and how babies changed our life. We agreed on the fact that our baby had changed our lives but we disagreed with her belief that bottle fed babies should not co-sleep with their parents. We don't co-sleep in this house anyway but we weren't happy being told how to live or life. Grrrr.

Tuesday

Some of the ladies I've met from one club also meet up on a Tuesday too. It's great to see all the little ones interacting with one another and I enjoy having a natter with the other mums. Even if I did turn up late due to locking myself out of my car after food shopping!

Wednesday

Wednesday led to my husband going to another baby group and meeting all the mums I'd met up with the day before. All three of us enjoyed singing along with the guitar and had a photo session. Our daughter had just woken up from her nap when it was our turn and trying to make her smile for the camera fell to daddy. She even had photos on her own and let us know when she'd had enough by crawling off.

Thursday

A couple of pieces of furniture have been Freegled by us this week. An Ikea Traby Unit and a bookcase now sit awaiting a bit of tender loving care so they are returned to their full glory. We live in a throw away society and as a family we aim to be different consciously choosing to live a frugal and green life.

Firsts This Week

Finally but most importantly our daughter has discovered many firsts this week.
  1. For her first tooth has erupted and been brushed. 
  2. She knows how to crawl on all fours, which is easier without a dress
  3. She knows how to lift herself up by hanging on to the side of the cot, getting on to her knees, then putting one foot and then the other flat on the surface in front of her, before pulling herself up 
  4. She's tried her first savoury cake (made with sweetcorn)
  5. She's tried Organix strawberry flavoured biscuits and knows how to take the ring off mummy's finger.

The Reading Residence
You Baby Me Mummy

Comments

  1. Hi - Just popped over from Amy's blog. You had a busy and interesting week. Your daughter certainly had a lot of first this week. Joan at www.aviewtothefells.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's the way I like it. She's great - definitely feeling like a proud mummy

      Delete
  2. Sounds like a very busy week at your house, especially with a crawling baby making progress round the house! That will keep you very busy indeed I am sure. Thank you for joining Five On Friday. I hope that you have a great weekend! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh yes she will be trying to feng shui the whole place if I'm not careful

      Delete
  3. What a lot of firsts all in one week, its amazing how quickly they do new things isn't it? Certainly a lot going on, have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She learns quickly - I will have to be careful what I teach her as she can be a copier

      Delete
  4. I enjoyed reading your lovely post about your child's first milestones. It's an exciting time for you, I'm sure. My little grandson just lost his front tooth. Wonderful memories for the little ones. Have a lovely weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by and reading. She sure is surprising us. Hope you too had a great weekend.

      Delete
  5. Parenting a young child is such a beautiful, precious time! Sounds like you are doing wonderfully well, and enjoying your daughter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww thanks for that - being a new parent has it's moments when you are trying to do your best but worry at the same time that you are

      Delete
  6. Glad you've enjoyed your stay-cation (locking your keys in the car aside!) and wow to your girl this week, so many firsts! Thanks for sharing with #WotW

    ReplyDelete
  7. It sounds like you have had a lovely week!
    Aww! So many firsts in one week! Wonderful x

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's a lot of firsts - and looks like you kept your hubby busy too :) #wotw

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think he loved the insight into what I get up to. It also meant I got to relax too.

      Delete
  9. A great glimpse into your life as a new mom. Lots of firsts to celebrate this week. Amy's five on friday provides a great way to gather these moments.

    Wishing you a beautiful week ahead...
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There sure are and I look forward to every moment with my little one.

      Delete
  10. I've just popped over from Five on Friday. What a sweet post, thank you. x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Helena, I think it's great that your hubby gets to see how you spend your week! Getting out an about with little ones is not as easy as it sounds.

    I still have a cabinet from when I was a child. It's been painted several times, and although it's over thirty years old and made primarily of chip board it's still going strong and is now used as storage out on the back balcony.

    OOOoo and teething is always fun and games, hope your daughter doesn't give you too much of a hard time!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's very true in fact sometimes I feel it would be easier packing the night before for the next days adventures.

      The saying they don't make stuff like they used to springs to mind.

      Yes my daughter has been very grouchy and one minute she wants feeding the next minute she doesn't know what she wants!

      Delete
  12. Well that is a lot.happening with new and old. Hope you have a lovely holiday X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes my husband had a lovely time experiencing what our daughter and I usually get up to.

      Delete
  13. It sounds like a very busy week, I'm glad your husband was able to attend some of the groups with you. I feel men miss so much of this time in their children's lives. Your little lady did get up to some firsts didn't she? x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment