Word of the Week: Outfit

Each week I join in with Jocelyn who blogs at The Reading Residence and her Word of the Week linky. It's a fun way of looking back on the week that has gone by and see if a word springs to mind. This week it seems very apt to use the word 'outfit' as you will see as you read on. 

Halloween Pumpkins and Candles


Monday

On Monday my daughter had her first Halloween party. It was so cute to see many of the littlies dressed up and playing with inflatable pumpkins and sensory bottles complete with spiders and eye balls. They didn’t seem at all scared just frustrated they couldn’t eat the inflatable pumpkin.

My daughter wore her black cat tshirt, pink tutu and stripy pink tights. Lots of people said she looked adorable and the other babies wanted to touch the fluffy tutu.

Tuesday

Tuesday is Cake Club day when my daughter and I meet up with her new play mates and their mums. We talked about a number of different things including how to make healthier cakes and going back to work/going self employed. 

Usually, my daughter wears dresses to these events, but today she wore jeans instead with a top and jumper.

Wednesday

My husband never tells me until the night before what he is going to work the next day! So I was surprised to hear he had the day off today. He told me he wanted to go food shopping so we went to rhyme time at the library before a trip round a favoured supermarket where our daughter threw up over her outfit as she was coughing so much poor baby.

Thursday

I’ve been really relaxed when it comes to naps this week. Usually she has three; one in the morning, one at noon and another around 4pm but there seems to have been the extra one or two crept in to the mix. I’m happy to go with this especially as she has been poorly. So a pyjama day was called for.

Friday

We’ve just been to weigh my daughter. She’s not keen on being faffed about with and mummy isn’t the quickest in getting baby undressed and redressed. Especially if the little one who should really be enjoying laying back and relaxing is wriggling and has decided to crawl towards the scales on the table!

That’s all from me this week, what have you been up to?

This post was originally linked up to the following linkys: The List, Word of the Week and Love Made My Home.

Comments

  1. Sounds like a busy week! Glad you mostly enjoyed the day off with your husband and that the party went well too! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love busy weeks. The same group has a Christmas event too so we're keen to go to that.

      Delete
  2. Busy, outfit-dominated, week! Sounds a good one, though (vomit aside!) x Thanks for sharing with #WotW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for hosting it and stopping by. x

      Delete
  3. They do look so cute and adorable dressed up, and sounds like a busy, but wriggly week X #wotw

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We love keeping busy and dressing up.

      Delete
  4. We love pj days although there are not so many these days

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. After the craziness it's great to have some rest and relaxation.

      Delete
  5. I bet the little ones were adorable in their costumes! Even the 8th graders were dressed up Friday at my grandson's school! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They sure were. There was a Dracula, a cat and more. Wish I took photos now.

      Delete
  6. Hi Helena! Oh how I wish I could go back a few years to those days when I was able to choose my daughters' outfits. I love the cute kiddies clothes available and often think, 'why don't they make the same clothes for older girls?'
    Hope your little one feels much better!
    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Christine! They are definitely adorable especially one particular label that I can think of at present. I can think of a number of pieces that would also look good on older girls so I'm surprised you've found this. Perhaps I ought to get out the sewing machine now.

      Delete
  7. The tutu outfit sounds so cute. I hope your daughter will feel well again soon:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ah bless her i hope she is on the mend. I used to love mums groups, its great to have someone to share stuff with that is going through the same as you. and oh boy my oldest hated having his clothes taken off to be weighed he used to scream baby clinic down x

    ReplyDelete
  9. The outfit sounds adoreable and sounds like baby needed that extra sleep if she wasn't feel.to good. Hope she feels better soon and hope have a great week X

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Helena, it sounds as if you've had a busy week. Sorry to hear your little ones not too well, but with the extra naps I am sure she will be back to herself in no time.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it's important to listen to her and just go with her needs. She usually fights her naps so if she gives in it's very much needed.

      Delete

Post a Comment