Word of the Week: Health


All three of us have been suffering this week from illness. It started off with my daughter having conjunctivitis and a cold. Then spread to the rest of us who have been waking up feeling like we’ve swallowed a tennis ball. This has led to my heart going out to my little one, while she feels sorry for herself. Yes I’ve got eye drops, Calpol, Baby Vix you name it I’ve either got it in the house or thinking about getting it in to help her. I’ve also been thinking about what it means to be type 2 diabetic and questioning whether I should be getting my flu jab even though the doctor hasn’t called me in for it.

At present I’m on a diet and fitness controlled regime but it’s not easy to keep going. I’ve managed to swap my drinks over to flavoured mineral waters which state 0 of everything on the label and love the Peach flavoured one. It reminds me of Archers and Lemonade but of course without the alcohol and much healthier too.

I’ve loved the recent seasonal bookshelf blog posts that keep appearing on numerous people’s pages. I hope to one day do this with my daughter and have already been thinking of where to put up shelves in her room to house the books for her.  I have also made a start on collecting The First Reading Series of books by Usborne for her as out of all the different learning to read schemes these look to keep in great condition.

Another type of post that I have been seeing quite a lot of recently is that of the capsule wardrobe. I wrote a bit about it here. This has led to me purchasing a couple of items including a gorgeous red coat that will keep me warm over winter.

This little project also led to our latest diy and us sleeping on the sofa bed in the living room oops! I’m sure the space in there could be put to better use so I started taking everything out and then feeling overwhelmed by it all!


That’s all from me this week, what have you been up to?

The Reading Residence
You Baby Me Mummy

Comments

  1. Oh no, sorry to hear you've all been ill. Hope you're on the up soon, and you manage to get that room sorted! Thanks for sharing with #WotW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The colds and coughs seem to be doing the rounds at the mo. Hunkering down seems the way forward. Fortunately we are back in our room now just got the finishing touches to go on the project.

      Delete
  2. Sorry to hear that you are not well, I do hope that things pick up soon. I certainly think that you should ask about the flu jab. Thank you for joining Five On Friday. I hope that you are having a reasonably good weekend despite being ill. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a long week for you all and hope you're now feeling better. Love that you are thinking about books for the wee one already! Ikea do fabulous cheap 'picture rail' shelves which are perfect for picture books display! Feel better, and pop the kettle on to curl up with a good book or in front of the TV x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Having been consistent with the eye drops has really helped it clear up. I love reading myself and was brought up on Peter and Jane. I will have to look into those 'picture rail' shelves they sound great. Like the sound of your last sentence so will follow it to a tea.

      Delete
  4. Sorry to hear about the conjunctivitis, it's a bugger. hope all are well soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I hate it and remember a bad experience when I was young with it. Pleased to say it's cleared up now.

      Delete
  5. Hope you are all feeling better, I have had the worse cold lately it has really knocked me out. And I just love Usborne books my two just loved them xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We're getting there. I had a coughing fit resulting in watery eyes earlier in a shop so have bought some syrup to help. I got lucky today with a few more to add to the collection.

      Delete
  6. Hi Helena, I hope you and your family are feeling much better now. We all get flu jabs every year since my husband was really poorly with flu a few years back, he lost a ridiculous amount of weight and it was a very stressful time (I get asthma and it scared me to think what might have happened if it were me).

    Take care.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Debbie - I'm glad you are all ok now. We're getting better here.

      Delete

Post a Comment