Word of the Week: Elsewhere

This week I have attended a couple of baby classes in the county. One of these has even led to the possibility of attending another one on a different day.

It's been lovely meeting new mums all around my age who understand how easy it is to lose your trail of thought when you're tired and you can't remember what you've just said let alone remember who you are. I've never been a huge conversationalist but when you've got a baby with you who is trying to go after another little ones plate of food, drink, cuddly toy or musical instrument it is incredibly easy to get distracted and forget what you were talking about.Handbags also seem to be highly sought after by babies!

At the same time though I feel like there's been a black cloud hovering ever closer to me and I've not been able to shake it off. I've wanted to do something about it but haven't been able to. I've spoken to people about it but despite them sympathising with me and me feeling increasingly frustrated by it, I'm no nearer to finding a solution.

To further add upset to the matter, I have been told babies pick up on their mother's feelings and see themselves as an attachment to their mother. This is great when you are feeling on top of the world and greatly enjoying things but not so much when mummy is feeling the complete opposite.

The Reading Residence

Comments

  1. I'm glad I'm not the only one who forgets what they were talking about just seconds before! I find that the mums who are able to hold full conversations are normally the ones not paying full attention to what their child is doing. I'm sorry you feel like you have a dark cloud looming, becoming a mum is the biggest emotional roller-coaster I have ever been on. You are not alone in these feelings, sending hugs x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep that's me too - you are certainly not alone. Now there's a thought- I'll watch out next time I go to a meet. Thanks for letting me know I'm not alone in my feelings.

      Delete
  2. Its so hard having a little one isn't it, I found my Mums group was such an amazing lifeline and they understood how I felt as they were living it, I hope you feel better soon, my lovely friend has the blog Beau Twins she has talked lots about PND maybe check her blog out, she is lovely and may be able to help xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It can be a challenge but a pure joy at the same time. Thanks for stopping by and commenting.

      Delete
  3. I do think mum's groups are so important as it's great to meet up with others in a similar situation for a few hours. I'm glad you've found a good one and I hope you can get some support for your black cloud x Thanks for sharing with #WotW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The ladies are lovely and our babies are all very similar ages so it's great to see how they change and interact with one another.

      Delete
  4. Finding a good group of parents with kids the same age as yours to hang out with is really good. It can make things easier as there's usually someone going through similar things at the same time. Hopefully the black cloud will soon disperse too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Helena, being able to meet up with other Mums gives you people in a similar boat that you can hopefully relate to. Babies/ children can send our minds in a spin and leave us wishing we had eyes in the back of our heads most of the time, but know that's normal.

    If you really can't shake the black cloud, don't be scared to seek help, even if it's just talking to someone and whilst children do pick up on our feelings don't overly stress about it as once you're feeling brighter again, they pick up on that too and it's impossible to be happy all the time.

    Hope you feel brighter very soon.

    xx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment