The Little Rocking Horse That Couldn't Wait For Christmas

Over the weekend I volunteered for another NCT sale. There were around 100 sellers and over 400 people came through the doors and saved things that may have otherwise ended up in landfill.

If attending these sales it is best to turn up early and with a wish list. I’m pleased to report that I was pleased with my little haul which included 2 tutus, a couple of books, a few clothing bits and a rocking horse.



I have been looking at getting a rocker for my daughter for a little while now. My favourite type being the Lottie Ladybird but this lovely Mamas and Papas item caught my eye and for £20 my mind was made up despite my daughter only being 8 months!

Fortunately it fit in the car and as my husband and daughter had a day out together I came back home to five minutes peace, which was very welcomed after the craziness of enveloping tags ready for count night. This technique enables the NCT to see how many things have been bought and how much is owed to each seller.

I hid the rocking horse under a blanket with the idea of daddy and baby both pulling it off together. However, daddy was so delighted with the purchase he whipped it off before our daughter had a chance to help. It was a reaction that I was surprised about and a proud mummy moment indeed. Whenever she rides it now (with us holding her at all times on it) her little face lights up the room and I know she’s very pleased with it. 

http://www.reflectionsfromme.com
Mummascribbles

My Kid Doesn't Poop Rainbows

Comments

  1. Aw I always wanted my children to have a rocking horse. However, our eldest little boy decided he would much prefer a battery-operated motorised car and he now has two! The youngest (also 8 months) seems to be equally into cars/trains/anything with wheels so I am not holding out much hope for my longed-for rocking horse! #fartglitter

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww that's a pity Acorn is a true delight and hit in this family.

      Delete
  2. I love NCT sales- but we never seem to get fan stuff like this!! Love rocking horses.

    I replied to your comment on http://www.arthurwears.com/2015/10/the-diary-of-9-month-old-escape-artist.html?showComment=1445412472200&m=1#c5160773599899419525 too (couldn't find your Twitter handle on your blog to tweet you)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Arthur, Yes I was really lucky to get hold of this Mamas and Papas one. I don't use Twitter.

      Delete
  3. Awe so cute. We had a rocking donkey that when you held the carrot to its mouth it made a chewing noise. We loved it, but it is all worn out now and my kids got a bit old for it. At least it was well loved #mummyandus thanks for always sharing xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds good fun. I think it's great that it was used a lot. I hear some toys barely get touched which is a great shame.

      Delete
  4. Aw, how lovely. We had a kind of rocking horse and my children loved it, I'm sure your daughter will continue to enjoy it for a long time to come.
    Thanks for sharing #LetKidsBeKids

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure you are right. When I bought it an older girl was playing with it.

      Delete
  5. I love these kinds of sales. So daft to chuck stuff when it's only be used for a few months. We have a fab Facebook 2nd hand group here and almost all of my tots big things have come from there. The only way we'd have been able to afford a Jumperoo- and we got our money back selling it on when he was done :-)

    Thanks so much for linking up with #fartglitter x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah Facebook groups can be great. We've done well in some purchases but seem to get stuck with things when trying to sell them on. Despite the products still being in good condition.

      Delete
  6. Wow! Great buy! My Evelyn is now into horses too. We went to Ethan's friends house yesterday for a play date and Ethan's friend is mad about horses. He also had a rocking horse which Evelyn got to ride on. She was instantly in love with it. I am now on the mission to find one for your for Christmas. Lucky you! I can imagine your daughter's face light up the room. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel I definitely was lucky in finding that treasure. I love singing to her 'Horsey, Horsey, don't you stop ...' and making typical horse noises, while she loves looking at herself in the mirror.

      Delete

Post a Comment