How to Create a Baby Memory Box

Are you ever inspired by a fellow blogger/vloggers creation? I know I am. This was the case when I came across memory boxes filled with things from baby’s first few months of life. 

Eldest's Baby Memory Box

I was inspired by a number of different people on Pinterest but the one that stood out to me was Becky-Moo Miracle Momm'y's Youtube video 'What's inside my baby memory box?' and decided to try my hand at creating something similar.

I searched around online for potential places in my county to visit and pick up a Shadow Box. It’s important to me that I hold potential purchases in my hand before I buy them. Sadly nowhere had one quite so lovely as the one The Range had in store and therefore the decision was made to drive to another county and pick one up. The frame is padded, has a few pins to start you off pinning your baby’s collection and there’s a glass door that opens and closes with a magnetic closure.




The things I included in this Shadow Box were: 
  • A picture of my daughter
  • The outfit she wore in the photo
  • Slippers
  • A hat
  • A cardigan
  • A diary I received through the post that came from a branded company and is perfect for storing information as well as name suggestions you come up with
  • One of her first bottles
  • Our hospital bracelets
  • A handmade tag from my Aunt
  • A leaflet talking about the unit my daughter and I stayed in at hospital
  • A rosette from her nappy cake
  • A little book of memories

Now that everything is in place and it’s up on my daughter’s bedroom wall I love pointing it out to her. I point to her and say her name ad point to her baby photo and say her name too. Instantly my daughter smiles back as if in recognition. 

How do you store your memories?

This post was originally shared with the linkys Home Etc and Share With Me

Comments

  1. What a lovely way of storing those memories and displaying them. I have a memory box for each of the girls and a couple of photo albums which have been used to display all the cards I received when they were born, for their christenings and their first birthdays.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds lovely. My daughters cards celebrating her birth are in a photo frame alongside her balloon.

      Delete
  2. I absolutely LOVE memory boxes!! I've got a couple for the boys — so many treasured possessions! Tiny baby-grows and the hats they wore when they were first born! Like tiny doll clothes :) Thanks so much for linking up with us on #HomeEtc

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm really pleased I made the time to create this. My daughter was so tiny when she was born even smaller than a teddy bear.

      Delete
  3. We have a memory box for the twins, such a lovely idea. First shoes etc. Thanks for linking up - loved this post. Jess xx

    #HomeEtc

    www.mummyofboygirltwins.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jess I loved sharing it with you all.

      Delete
  4. What a lovely way to keep your keepsakes safe. I love this. Thank you ever so much for linking up to Share With Me. I hope to see you again tomorrow for another great round up and hope you have been enjoying the blog hop. #sharewithme

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment