It's funny to think that this time last year I was pregnant with our daughter. I'd thrown myself into volunteering for the NCT sales and was eager to get together a lovely bundle to kit out my child for the year.
This year I've taken a step back from volunteering and shopped NCT sales as a visitor instead, but armed with my daughter in the Manduca (baby carrier).
As I stood in line I wondered whether she was going to throw a wobbly. I've been with her before in it and felt very embarrassed that she clearly didn't want to be that close to me. It was very hot that day so perhaps that was the issue. So armed with bottle, keys and wallet (wish I had a baby kit belt sometimes) I waited in line and very soon we made it inside.
The room was packed and I aimed straight for the next clothing size I needed. It's a shame I couldn't ask my daughter what she thought of the clothing pieces, but as she remained calm and collected then fell asleep on me I am taking this as a sign that she is very happy to be styled by her mummy.
There were a variety of toys and games in the hall but I'm happy that for now we have enough. I've no idea what Mr C will bring my daughter. She has her first Christmas stocking ready and waiting though.
Books covered the tables in the foyer, but again we've a good range of those.
The only thing that my daughter is currently missing is sleeping bags from 12 months of age. I picked up 0-6, 6-12 and 18 months onwards but somehow skipped out on a few months so it's off to the next sale we go.
Here are my insider tips for shopping at an NCT Sale
· Volunteer - If you can volunteer then do so. This way you will be certain to get first dibs on things and if you are a seller then you won’t pay so much.
· List - Write out a list of what things you would like to get your children so you can head straight for those
· Layout – Know your way around. Some places are helpfully arranged into different rooms for different things and even if it’s just one room you may well discover there is a plan
· Children - Leave the little ones at home so you can concentrate on the task in hand
· Top Sellers - Consider what things may sell really quickly and head straight for those if you are looking for something in particular
· Environment – Yes shopping second hand is great for the environment but bringing your own bags will make it even more so
So what are you waiting for check out the NCT Sales in your area and go grab a bargain. Do let me know your thoughts on shopping at an NCT sale below.
This post was originally linked up with the following linkys: Mummy & Us, Twinkly Tuesday, Let Kids Be Kids, Tried and Tested and Fartglitter.