A Splendid Service


Nestled in the heart of Abingdon just a stone’s throw away from The Guildhall is a Baptist Church. Apart from the sign on the corner of the street and the building itself it could be easily walked passed if you didn’t know of its existence.  

On Sunday we were invited there to a Thanksgiving. Being the first Church service that we had attended as a family I wasn't sure how it was going to go but we were welcomed into the service and felt comfortable sitting on the balcony overlooking the ceremony.

The service was very child friendly and featured a rough version of the whole of the Bible done with Liquorice Allsorts that had black centres for they had sinned. During and after the service the children were invited to help with the story and eat the sweets that were put in front of them.

My daughter seemed very excited to be there and jumped up and down on her Dad’s knee before having a nap. At one point the speaker spoke rather loudly and her little hand rose as if to say not now I'm sleeping. I wonder if this mannerism will stay with her through her life or disappear one day. I find it so cute.

As she was so good throughout the event, I’m wondering whether she too would be very happy to have her own special day as well as experience her first Church Christmas service. 

Mummascribbles
My Kid Doesn't Poop Rainbows

Comments

  1. Sounds like a successful service at church. We haven't had to take our little boy to church yet (we're not religious so don't have the need) but I hope he would be as respectful as your little family #TwinklyTuesday

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was. I'm sure he'd be as respectful.

      Delete
  2. Sounds like a success. I always feel a bit nervous about taking our tot into situation where he's expected to be quiet. I want to take him to Temple before we leave Thailand but haven't quite found the courage yet.
    Thanks so much for linking up to #fartglitter x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmm could you read about one to him? Role play and build a tent with a cloth and a couple of chairs? That way you may be less worried about attending one.

      Delete
  3. A successful service at church, that's great. I get nervous when taking little ones to church.
    Thanks for sharing #LetKidsBeKids

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a shame. It is lovely to have lots of experiences but a good thing to sit near an exit sometimes just in case.

      Delete
  4. Sounds like it went really well. You just never know how children are going to act in such places but I often find that it's like they just know they need to behave! We aren't religious so there is no taking Zach to church but I have this feeling that if it wasn't too long, he would sit nicely. I can't quite be certain of that though since he is such a fidget!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She was great and seemed really excited. I think she was watching how others were acting around her and reacted accordingly.

      Delete

Post a Comment