Word of the Week: Surprise


Perhaps it's baby brain or age but I really have been struggling with the question what did I do this week?

In fact on Wednesday I got my daughter into her car seat and stood by her a while considering whether it was in fact the day for her Rhymetime or not. I decided to go just in case and we turned up surprisingly with time to spare ready for her session.

We even got a walk round town afterwards and I was surprised to find some cushions in a charity shop just perfect for our home. My husband has said in the past that we have too many cushions but so far hasn't mentioned them. I think he has assumed that I got them from my Grandma's flat as she's selling up and parting with a lot of her belongings.

On return home I was surprised to find that baby movers was on and so we stopped for a quick fuel stop and headed over. Despite not being able to crawl on her knees yet my daughter surprised everybody as she shuffled about and when she's determined to get somewhere she's off. My daughter has been increasingly taking in the world around her and surprised by another baby crying she also cried poor things.

It seems to take my husband an hour to get back after work every day and sometimes he comes back with the shopping. We had one day this week when we were surprised to find we had both bought the same cereal oops.

I find it easier to get things done when he comes back from work and have found some time to paint. Although I was surprised to find that the paint we had bought didn't cover everything I wanted it too!

Finally, I have had lovely little surprises when it comes to technology. I have been accepted on BritMums and mentioned in a blog hop.


The Reading Residence

Comments

  1. That is a surprising week! I do like it when things turn out even better than planned - and extra cereal's always OK! Thanks for sharing with #WotW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's been lovely reflecting upon all the positives this week and not dwelling on the negatives that happened the week before.

      Delete
  2. Ahh! What great week of surprises!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I don't think you can ever have too many cushions, MOH on the other hand is much like yours and it takes him ages to notice stuff too, which can be a bonus! :) #wotw

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love cushions, the more the merrier I think. It's always wonderful to get pleasant surprises isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love cushions, the more the merrier I think. It's always wonderful to get pleasant surprises isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh definitely, seeing as the week before it was quite the opposite.

      Delete
  6. I don't think you can ever have too many cushions! Sounds like you've had a great week xx
    #WoTW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Much better than the week before that's for sure.

      Delete
  7. Can be nice to have some surprises in the week :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a great post full of surprises x #WotW

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lots of little surprises and definitely agree that cushions are always good. Glad your little one enjoyed baby movers too :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah got to love my cushions they look great in my bedroom as well as the living room even if I do say so myself hehe. As for my daughter she loves moving and I can just hear hubby saying to her 'stop moving' as she once again tries to wriggle away from having her nappy changed.

      Delete

Post a Comment