Time to Say Goodbye


I knew it was coming but it didn’t make it any easier.

My nursery nurse who replaced my visiting health visitor came to see us for the last time today before she moves on to a new job closer to home. Despite enjoying working in a great team, she is sick of the commute and getting stuck in the crazy traffic so has made the hard decision to let go and move on.

During these past months it’s been surprising just how many people I have welcomed, got to know and sadly had to say goodbye to.  From midwife’s who see you through your pregnancy and meet your newborn briefly before you have to leave hospital to a nursery nurse who appears to really understand your needs and supports your views. Even the librarian that has been doing rhyme time for years has moved on. Each sharing a small part of the journey as my child grows from a baby to a toddler who is becoming increasingly more independent.

I know you can’t hold on to people realising that we all have our own paths to travel down in life. Feeling blessed for having been fortunate to meet several of these people is the only way in which to look on this aspect of life. Yes it hurts and feels painful inside but you wouldn’t keep a butterfly in your hand as it would feel imprisoned and die so you wish them well believing that they will shine where they are called to be. 
reflections from me
Mummascribbles
The Dad Network

Comments

  1. You get used to the constants in your life don't you? We've just changed nurseries as the one my three year old went to doesn't take babies (I have a 7 month old too) so we had to say bye to a bunch of lovely people who knew my daughter really well. #twinklytuesday

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You sure do. I feel for what you are going through.

      Delete
  2. It's funny how you get attached to people in these roles, isn't it? I have a real soft spot for our baby doctor and would be gutted if she left.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have just been lucky in finding some real gems but I wouldn't say all the people in the roles I've come to see have made me feel like that handful has done.

      Delete
  3. It is hard when someone you really enjoyed working with moves on to another job. I understand her though cause my commute and traffic days are awful as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sure is. Sorry to hear you have a long commute. I know that even a 30 minute drive sometimes can turn into a whole hour.

      Delete
  4. It's always so hard to say goodbye. When we moved to a different area, we had to move Zach to a new nursery and I was so sad saying goodbye to the lovely staff who had cared for him so well. He loved it there and so did we. Luckily he loves where he is now but I still think fondly of those lovely girls who used to tell me how much they adored him! Thanks so much for linking up with #TwinklyTuesday

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by and commenting. It's great to hear that he's settled in at a new place.

      Delete

Post a Comment