Keeping Tiny Toes Warm


If you read last weeks posting Word of the Week: Focus, then this post may not come as a surprise to you. For as well as spending time indoors and drinking warm drinks, we also kept warm with snuggles and clothing. This includes keeping tiny toes warm with the help of sock ons.

My daughter is at that age when she's discovered her feet and keeping socks on is not high on the agenda for her even if she has a cold! We were out once doing the supermarket shopping together and as I rounded the corner to the shop assistant she suddenly pointed out that my little girls sock had disappeared. We had been here, there and just about everywhere in no particular order in the shop so it wasn't easy to recall where she may have let go of her sock, but she had so we started to retrace our steps. Fortunately it wasn't long before we were reunited with the missing sock and back at the conveyor belt unloading the shopping. 

Finding these sock ons in a charity shop over the weekend has put my worry of missing socks to rest. Similar to the supports that are used if you have a sprained ankle, these tiny bits of stretchy material keep socks in place and come in one size fits all. So far they have been fantastic and hopefully we will be able to use them till she starts toddling.

How will you be keeping your little ones warm this Autumn/Winter?





http://www.reflectionsfromme.com
Family Fever
The Twinkle Diaries

Comments

  1. I used the with my son! But not with my daughter who I used to always be missing socks! Now she wears shoes it's a little easier #twinklytuesday

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love these pink sock ons. I wouldn't know where to start with shoes.

      Delete
  2. These sound great. They weren't about with my sock and shoe removing little one. People where we live would hand in stray socks and shoes to me knowing they were most likely ours. In the winter we had to resort to tights so that they couldn't get pulled off when I wasn't looking:-) Kirsten

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They have been great. I told someone at a group I attend and she is considering purchasing some now. Tights are also fantastic but trying to get them on a moving baby is a challenge.

      Delete
  3. I remember the sock issue very well. I didn't know about these sock ons until it was too late and my kids feet were too big for them. They look great.
    Thanks for sharing #LetKidsBeKids

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a pity as they are working wonders on my daughter.

      Delete
  4. Fab idea, we are past this now but I remember always loosing one sock if not two lol. Thanks for sharing #mummyandus

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sock Ons are one of the best baby products ever lol! Thanks for linking up with #TriedTested

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment