An Update on Our Mini Makeover


Now if you are familiar with my blog then you may well have read my post on my daughter's bedroom. I decided to remove the little chest of drawers that contained all my craft bits and move them else where in the house for safe keeping. I thought the little chest of drawers would look great in our master bedroom so have been putting the final touches to it this week.


We started by removing the drawers and spray painting them in my favourite colour teal. We then removed the drawer knobs and painted the tops white. The first coat was applied a few days ago and the second and final coat left me with drawers looking like this. I think the edges of the drawer could do with a little paint but I'm very happy with what I've got so far.


Then it was on to painting the drawer knobs which started off like this before I painted them in black paint that covers a variety of different surfaces.


These dried really quickly in the sun and so it was very easy to have them quickly back in place again. I'm loving the black and white contrast.


What projects have you been working on this week?




Home Etc
Let's Talk Mommy
Thrifty Home
www.mrscraftyb.co.uk

Comments

  1. Those drawers look great. It would never have occurred to me that the handles could be painted too. The black works really well against the white of the drawers :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Louise, Yes you can paint on just about anything and every thing with the right paint. Thanks for stopping by and complimenting me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh you did a great job well done you . Thanks for linking up with #BOTW

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! it turned out really beautiful. Job well done. #MakingHome

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great job and what a difference! Love a little project like this too :) Thanks so much for linking up again and sharing. Jess x #HomeEtc

    www.mummyofboygirltwins.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I love painting old furniture and making it new again. This looks fab hun. Thank you so much for linking up to Share With Me. I hope to see you again tomorrow for another great round. #sharewithme

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really need to consider reclaiming old furniture! Great result. Thanks for linking up to #MakingHome

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aaah I LOVE an up-cycling project!! I've got a couple of things I'd like to do at the mo but I've just no spare time!! This is looking really great — you must be so pleased :) Thanks so much for linking up to #HomeEtc

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I certainly am. Now for the other side of the room!

      Delete

Post a Comment