Do You Want a Massage?



When I first took you to massage you were completely knackered by the experience. That you slept for many hours afterwards.

Today at 6 months you still tire from massage but you also like to be the centre of attention too. For at the beginning of the sessions I put you in the middle of the circle where you are greatly amused by the black and white images, mirrors and rubber balls.

As one of the eldest babies in the group you are increasingly aware of what is happening all around you and watch as the others are fed sleep in their mothers arms and enjoy massage too.

You are well aware of what happens in the class and anticipate each move and rhyme. Even when we are back home and you have body lotion put on after a bath I can tell you are ready for the whole experience once again.

Sometimes you fidget a lot and that’s ok. We don’t have to do it or would you prefer the moves and rhymes while perched on my knee today.

I’m listening to your signs be they vocal or not and I know you are spying your chance to fall asleep in your favourite place (my arms). We are in our own little cosy bubble with eyes just for each other.

Now if you could just return the favour someday instead of throwing your arms around and whacking me that would be very nice too.
Super Busy Mum
Let's Talk Mommy
Brilliant blog posts on HonestMum.com
The Dad Network

Comments

  1. Aww what a lovely post. I did baby massage when M was little, she loved it. :-) #bigfatlinky

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sophie Thank you for the compliment.

      Delete
  2. I have heard so many great things about baby massage. So relaxing. Lovely post. Thank you so much for linking up to Share WIth Me #sharewithme

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the compliment Jenny. My daughter now anticipates massage but then starts wriggling.

      Delete
  3. The wife is trained in baby massage - Ted loves it! #bigfatlinky

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have you been tempted to try doing it too?

      Delete

Post a Comment