Time For More Toys?



Do you notice all the little changes your child has gone through? It’s shocking when you look back over the last 6 months and see photos of the past how a tiny little one could grow so much in such a short period of time. Yes my little girl has grown up and now she does more than just eat, sleep, breathe and poop.

She has started to roll and I’m not sure how she has got into this habit but it’s like an addiction with her. Every time I put her down she rolls over and seems pleased with her achievement.

Yesterday I let go of one of her play toys as she’d grown out of having it. A lady on Facebook wanted a tummy time mat and I jumped to her rescue. I felt torn in a sense as I don’t like to let things go. However, I’ve seen firsthand how little ones can get attached to things and not want to let them go so I’m trying to part with things before we both get heartache. She hardly played with it and she was never keen on the other tummy pillow either but still parting with things is difficult. It seems silly in a way that we get so attached to things and at 6 months there’s quite a lot to part with already. I know that the money from the sale of these items can be used to get more age appropriate toys and I can continue to make her room a joy to be in. So why am I feeling a sense of trying to justify what I’ve done?

Do you find it easy to part with things? Do you have any tips to ease separation?
reflections from me
Mummascribbles

Comments

  1. When my little one was young. I struggled to let go of her toys. I finally did it when she was about 5 but it took a long time. They do grow so fast and I miss my little baby. She is now seven! Visiting from #TwinklyTuesday

    Angela from www.daysinbed.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks for stopping by and letting me know I'm not the only one who struggles.

      Delete
  2. I'm the same, I used to be so attached with things especially stuff that has to do with my kids, I always want to keep them as their remembrance as a baby, however, I will end up hoarding loads of stuff. Although I've kept some for their treasure box, but most of the baby stuff we've got, we get rid off by either selling them through gumtree or giving them away for free, in that way, somebody else can make use of them rather than collecting dust in the loft. #mummy&us

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love your sentiments and like the fact you enable others through giving.

      Delete
  3. We had that Lamaze Toy 'tummy time' mat :) brings back memories! My mummy is a right horder and loves keeping my toys. Our house is full to the brim so she's having to sadly sell some x #TwinklyTuesday

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are one lucky little girl having a house full of toys.

      Delete
  4. Im a hoarder! haha! I am holding onto everything as we are trying for baby number 2. so will use everything again - after that im defo having a clear out!! Such a lovely read! Thanks for sharing! Suz x Beauisblue.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks for the compliment. I totally get where you are coming from.

      Delete
  5. I think there a few toys I will never part with. My children's comforters for example (once they have finished with them) as they just have to much sentimental meaning. But honestly the toys breed and breed and breed now I'm just glad to get rid of some!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. By comforters I imagine you mean teddies right? Sadly my little one hasn't got attached to any yet but maybe as she gets older she'll reach out for one.

      Delete
  6. I like to have a good clear out, and do so often. With two kids, at 5 and 2, we have a lot of toys here! It's my youngest's birthday next week and then my daughter's a month later so I've just got rid of lots of toys in readiness for the new. generally I'm fine clearing it out, though they had some Happyland toys that I've seen them both contentedly play with for hours over the years that I was a little sad to part with.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I have just discovered Happyland toys. They seem a joy to have in every family. Happy Birthday to both of them. I look forward to hearing what they get.

      Delete
  7. I find it so hard to part with things, so hard! We are moving to a smaller home soon and I am trying to part with things and I get so sentimental. I wish I found it easier. Thanks for sharing on #mummyandus hope you come by next week xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mackenzie for stopping by and commenting on my blog. It is very easy to attach sentiment to things without realising that's what you're doing. Hope the move goes well.

      Delete
  8. Yours is probably too little now, but we used to have a toy in-toy out policy. Any new toy coming into the home meant that one needed to leave. It really encouraged my girls to prioritize for themselves. Thanks for being part of #TwinklyTuesday!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment