With the beast from the east finally losing it's grip on us and the snow melting we headed to our nearest craft store over the weekend for a few supplies. I spotted that the canvas deep box frames were currently on sale and as these are always a wonderful way in which to display things, I had to pick one up. There are a few different coloured ones but I went with white which is both bright and will go with a number of things. I decided to use mine in a Mother's Day make.

The first thing to do is remove the paper insert from the deep box frame. I had originally thought I could flip it over and use the insert but I found it was close to being see through and you could see the images. So I used this as a template instead marking around it in pencil and cutting it out to be the background. I then adhered some other paper with buttons on it and a smaller pink piece of paper. I eyeballed where each would go and stuck them together with double sided tape. I wrote on the middle piece
Then I added some real buttons in Spring colours on top of some of the paper buttons for added dimension. Before putting the deep box frame back together again. Et voila your make is ready to be presented to your mum this Mother's Day.
To Create This Mother's Day Make You Will Need:
- Buttons
- Scissors
- Coloured Paper
- Double sided sticky tape
- All purpose adhesive

The first thing to do is remove the paper insert from the deep box frame. I had originally thought I could flip it over and use the insert but I found it was close to being see through and you could see the images. So I used this as a template instead marking around it in pencil and cutting it out to be the background. I then adhered some other paper with buttons on it and a smaller pink piece of paper. I eyeballed where each would go and stuck them together with double sided tape. I wrote on the middle piece
Mums are like buttons they keep everything together'.
Then I added some real buttons in Spring colours on top of some of the paper buttons for added dimension. Before putting the deep box frame back together again. Et voila your make is ready to be presented to your mum this Mother's Day.
'
Now all I have to do is create a card to go with it. Are you considering making a handmade creation this year?








This is super sweet and very thoughtful x
ReplyDeleteThank you
DeleteWhat a fabulous idea, I love that! Handmade gifts are the best kind. #BloggerClubUK
ReplyDeleteThey certainly are. They have more heart.
DeleteThat's really cute and it looks quite simple to make. Great idea :-) #fortheloveofBLOG
ReplyDeleteThank you. It certainly is very easy to quickly create.
DeleteI've got loads of buttons and this would be a great way to use some of them up. Thank you
ReplyDeletePleased to be of inspiration to you
DeleteThis is such a simple, but wonderful idea - I just love that quote too!
ReplyDeleteThanks Jade
DeleteLove the sentiment of this. We do keep everything together too. #SharingtheBlogLove
ReplyDeleteWe certainly do or at least try to
DeleteWhat a lovely make and I just love the quote! We are all pretty awesome. 😉
ReplyDeleteThanks so much for sharing with #MMBC.
We certainly are. Thank you Jayne
DeleteWhat a lovely idea and your quote is so true, as well!
ReplyDeleteThanks Rachel
DeleteThat's a lovely memory to have
ReplyDeleteJust popping back over for #Thesatsesh :-)
ReplyDeleteI love this idea and am going to mention it to my child minding friends#trafficjamweekend@_karendennis
ReplyDeleteThat's so sweet, I love the idea and the quote is so perfect. Thanks for joining us at #SharingtheBlogLove
ReplyDeleteI absolutely adore this idea, and the end result looks so pretty! Thanks so much for sharing with #fortheloveofBLOG
ReplyDeleteThis is so cute and I love the quote its perfect. Thank you for joining us at #SharingtheBlogLove
ReplyDeleteThis is such a lovely craft idea. It would also be great for a new sibling version. So cute. Thank you for joining #ThursdayTeam
ReplyDelete#thesatsesh I've got an obsession with buttons. Even weirder, i worked with a lady who had a phobia of them. This quote is awesome and will probably appear on a website not too far away very soon! lovely crafting idea.
ReplyDelete