Banbury Fringe Circular Part 2

On Sunday we took a break from the normal visits to carboot sales and decided to go and see if we could visit the Banbury Fringe Circular we'd started last month. We parked up at the place we'd parked when we conquered the bottom half of it and headed north instead after a spot of lunch. The girls tend to nap in the car so were well rested and welcomed a bite to eat before we all took on the walk.

Banbury Fringe Circular Part 2


Parking up at the last place we went geocaching our eldest had decided that we were going in the same direction as we had done before. She ran down the track only for her to be called back and captured by her Dad who let her loose in the field instead. We were soon ascending the hill and looking at tracks left behind by horses.



Each of the geocaches on the series led us to bonus geocaches along the way. One of these led us near a monument that we know little about and even our map on the gps gave no clue as to what it was.


Being the weekend a number of people were out and about walking their dogs. I'm not sure I've expressed on this blog before that dogs fill me with fear and as a result they always make a bee line for me! My parents have adopted a dog and I won't go near it at all unlike my eldest who is happy to take the thing for a walk.


We passed through a number of fields on this series and even followed an old deserted train track that had been made good via a flat pavement running where the tracks would have. We even came across the odd tunnel which we had fun making train noises under. The terrain was fantastic underfoot for us all and led hubby to query whether we could have taken the pushchair instead. However, the fields previously had dictated to us that carriers were the order of the day and besides we can never be sure what we will be met with if we walk a long way.


The last section of the series took us passed a cow field. Many of which had decided to hide under the bridge we crossed. There wasn't much distance between us and the cows but thankfully they didn't bother us and we were soon walking down the towpath next to the canal and into the shopping centre that is central to Banbury.



On the way back to the car we crossed town which was a little eery and deserted now the shops were shut. There was the odd person dining out at the pizzeria but other than that it was particularly quiet. Maybe they were all at Countryfile or a horse event given the number of horses in horse carriers we passed on the way back.

Where have your feet taken you recently?


Potty AdventuresCountry Kids from Coombe MillThe Tale of MummyhoodNaptime NatterDear Bear and BeanyPost Comment LoveThe PramshedCuddle Fairy

Comments

  1. My feet have taken me to Lake Wyola, which is a state park with hiking trails and a beach. I spent last Saturday there with my kids. I have also been to the Puffer's Pond which is another smaller lake closer to home and that one is free. It's been hard getting out with all the rain we've been getting this summer but we still have a few weeks left before school starts so I'm hoping to go a few more places. #bloggerclubuk

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks like a lovely walk, I shall have to add it to my list of things to do with my boys! #Blogstravaganza

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's been a while since we've taken time for a hike. I love your photos, especially of the cows so close! -Marci @ Stone Cottage Adventures #PoCoLo

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful spot. great pics.
    #blogstravaganza

    ReplyDelete
  5. I actually live about 20 mins from Banbury but hadn't even considered doing this! Your pictures look so nice though, I'll definitely be taking the little one out here when the weather is nice! Thank you so much for linking up to #Blogstravaganza

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for sharing your geocache adventures, looks like you had a great time and what a fantastic free activity for little ones #countrykids

    ReplyDelete
  7. Walking as a family is always good fun, this looks like it was a fabulous family walk. It's great that you were spotting things like pony tracks on your walk, we always try to cover something like that too, keeps the walk interesting and educational at the same time. Walking along the towpath to finish must've been lovely too, it's always great to see the canal boats floating along.

    Thanks for linking up with me on #CountryKids.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I haven't been geocaching for ages! My eldest would live it though so It's definitely on my list of things to do! Thanks so much for sharing with #Blogstravaganza xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a gorgeous place for a walk. It looks like you had fun exploring and finding a lot of animals. #PoCoLo

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a lovely walk, I really miss geocaching, it was so much fun. That monument looks really interesting, what a find!
    #countrykids

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh wow, you've just take 35 odd years off my life, that archway is somewhere I used to go with my school friends! #CountryKids

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looks like such a beautiful walk. Thanks for linking up to #fortheloveofblog x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sounds like it was a lovely walk. I love the look of the monument. I have to plan geocaching a little more carefully now as we need Jessica's buggy for longer walks so anywhere that is not buggy friendly (or where I can't carry the buggy for a short distance) is off-limits unless hubby is with us to help me get Jessica in a carrier or carry her for a while on his shoulders. Glad you enjoyed your geocaching adventure :-) #countrykids

    ReplyDelete
  14. This looks like a lovely walk. I've always wanted to try geocaching. #pocolo

    ReplyDelete
  15. This looks like a lovely walk and has made me want to get outside with the family tomorrow - we have been stuck in with a poorly 4 year old and a teething baby so a walk in the fresh air is just what we need. I like all the photos in this post xx #blogcrush

    ReplyDelete
  16. I only live 7 miles outside Banbury but haven't been walking around it since I was on a geography field trip about age 13! Nice to hear about it from someone else's view #countrykids

    ReplyDelete
  17. I still have not tried geocaching which I really must do! Monkey would love it and you to get explore such lovely places #countrykids

    ReplyDelete
  18. Looks like a lovely walk. We actually stayed near Banbury when we went to Countryfile live but didn't explore the area walking, wish we had now! I have the dog fear too, they know I'm sure. #AdventureCalling

    ReplyDelete
  19. This looks like a lovely walk and doing the geocaching makes it feel like an adventure for little ones too. I always feel much better after a walk in the fresh air to shake off stress after a busy day #adventurecalling

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment