Teething Troubles Are Here!

It’s funny how despite having the same parents children can turn out differently and I am certain that this soon becomes clear days into the arrival of the sibling. Take my daughters for example from an early age it was clear that I had one that liked to snack and one on a see food everywhere diet.  This hasn't changed as they've grown they both have these traits and as they've grown I've learnt of other differences too.

Teething Troubles Are Here!


These differences aren't just obvious from their appearance; one is blue eyed and blonde haired reflective of members of my husband’s family while the other is brunette with hazel eyes.  My girls also seem to have different personalities too. While one is so relaxed and happy to go with the flow my youngest is constantly whinging every day. She never seems happy unless she is surrounded by food. Of course this is not helped by her currently going through teething. My poor daughter is a drooling, whining wreck with a temperature whom Sophie La Giraffe is even unable to comfort.

Of course all this kicked off around the time of her immunisations that also led to her being an upset grumpy girl. She’s reverted to waking up in the middle of the night and calling out as if she were her newborn self.  I'm sure the little spots that appeared briefly after her injections were reflective of how her body reacted to them but thankfully they soon disappeared. I just hope her grumpiness will disappear quickly too and she will become the contented little girl I know she can be.

So here I am asking what we did to get two very different daughters and how on earth do I comfort my youngest who is currently shunning every teething toy we have.

The PramshedRhyming with Wine

Comments

  1. I gave mine ice cubes helped, I am not sure if it works for everyone though. X #MMBC

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe she likes popsicles? Or maybe frozen fruit? #fortheloveofBLOG

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She sure loves her food usually so this sounds like it could work. Thank you.

      Delete
  3. Oh no, teething is a bitch isn't it?! We're still going through it too at 18months. We got some frozen ice poles, kept them in the wrapper and let William gnaw on them (you can also get toys to put in the freezer too I think??) There's teething bonjela too...and if she's really in pain with it you could give calpol? #fortheloveofBLOG x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Becky. We've given her calpol and bonjela too help. Liking the sound of these cold toys and popsicles too. May give those a try next if she doesn't settle.

      Delete
  4. Lots of hugs and kisses to comfort her, some babies don't have it easy when they were teething like my son he's now getting more teeth and he so uncomfortable #fortheloveofBlog

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mine just went for her chewing on her own hand - seemed to do the trick! #fortheloveofBLOG

    ReplyDelete
  6. I feel your pain! My daughter suffers terrible with her teeth and she always cuts them with an ear and throat infection!
    The only thing that helps soothe her for a while is calpol and ambasol on her gums the pharmacist gave us what I thought was the adult one but apparently its for all ages.

    #fortheloveofBLOG

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aww teething sucks! L used to live chewing on sticks of frozen banana but generally I just had to ride it out #fortheloveofBLOG

    ReplyDelete
  8. My second is getting more teeth and I totally forgot about Sophie!! Thanks for the reminder. I find a little Calgel is a good medicine.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ah I have very little advice I'm afraid as Baby Lighty is pretty good with the old teething. But I hope it gets better soon for you. With regards to the jabs, Baby Lighty seems to get enlarged lymph nodes when he's had a jab so it might be worth keeping an eye on the spots etc! Thanks so much for linking up to #DreamTeam!

    ReplyDelete
  10. My two girls are so different too, it's incredible. I remember teething gel, teething powder, frozen teething rings, and lots and lots of calpol and ibuprofen but sounds like you've tried all of the above. #fortheloveofBLOG

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hopefully the teething problems will pass for you soon, bonjela always seemed to work for my two. #fortheloveofblog

    ReplyDelete
  12. I hate teething and I'm sorry to say I don't think there is really much out there other than very short term comfort. We loved anbesol for short term immediate relief and calpol when called for. Neither of mine would entertain teething toys! x
    #Fortheloveofblog

    ReplyDelete
  13. My two boys are so different from each other, it's amazing how they can be so different, but I love that. Your poor girl, not nice, I think as others have said calpol, and maybe a teether that you can put in the fridge for her to bite down on may soothe. Hopefully it wont last too much longer and you will be able to get some sleep again. xx #fortheloveofBLOG

    ReplyDelete
  14. Aw teething is terrible. My first one went through it without a teardrop but my second do suffer. She's chewing on every and drooling a lot. We have the first 6 through so far, so I guess the worst is yet to come. #fortheloveofblog

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh teething is a nightmare. I am so pleased our teething days are almost done...not quite though. I always swore by Ashton and Parsons - I don' know how it works but it does. I even used it when I had a wisdom tooth coming through and it helped! #dreamteam

    ReplyDelete
  16. Teething is soooo tricky. Zach seems to have been permanently teething for the past 3 months and this week has had a cold as well as 2 molars attempting to burst through. I think it was more spaced out with my other two... no advice I'm afraid, just soldier on! #fortheloveofblog

    ReplyDelete
  17. I didn't have the teething with my adopted kids, but I've lived through it with friends' kids. It's so hard seeing them in pain. Calpol seems to help most things! #fortheloveofBLOG

    ReplyDelete
  18. Ben started to have real issues with teething, he refused all teething toys and seemed so upset with it all. But since his first two have cut, he's been a real trooper and you wouldnt even know he's teething! #fortheloveofBLOG

    ReplyDelete
  19. I hate teething, my son loves ice lollies or ice cubes when he's teething! #fortheloveofBLOG

    ReplyDelete
  20. I hated teething. I used to put teething toys in the freezer for my daughter failing that she loved to chew on my knuckles (when she was more gums than teeth!) #fortheloveofblog

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh poor thing! Teething is rubbish! We found the molars the worst, my daughter got such a sore bottom it bled, it was awful! Hope she's feeling better soon x #FortheloveofBLOG

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment