To My Gorgeous Second Born Now You Are One!

I must say that my gorgeous second born came as a bit of a surprise to me. I was feeling rather ill with flu like symptoms and was just about to take some medication. When I thought I’d better just check whether or not I was pregnant. Thank goodness I checked for the lines showed you were on your way. Having diabetes in pregnancy was no fun for either of us but you thrived and my family found out about your existence via Christmas card. You were due on the 4th July but due to my kidneys arrived earlier in June after giving me contractions all night into the morning! Yes I still haven’t forgotten the tummy ache you gave me you little rascal.

To My Gorgeous Second Born Now You Are One!


From the off I knew you were different from your sister as she is more of a snacker than an eater. In fact if I'm not careful she’ll offer you her food too. You also differ in terms of noise. While she is a calm collected child who fears anyone raising their voice you tend to laugh it off and make a noise.  I've heard people say that the second born just slots in but I am certain this is not the case with you. You are quite the little diva when you want to be throwing baby tantrums too.  You love to be heard and your favourite word at the moment is ‘mumma’.  When the health visitor came over she enquired why you weren't doing things and as soon as you were shown you took off. If the door is open you’ll desire to practice climbing the stairs and you've discovered what your feet are for even if you choose to speed around the house on all fours at present. 


To My Gorgeous Second Born Now You Are One!

Your big sister has lovingly taken you under her wing even though she’s a little one herself and despite you both having your moments you continuously look to her for guidance even when you’re sat on my knee.


To My Gorgeous Second Born Now You Are One!

 Happy Birthday

My Lovely Little One  x

JakiJellz

Comments

  1. A sweet post and I love the family photos. Children are so special.#MMBC

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy 1st birthday! They grow up so fast don't they? It's lovely to have your blog to record all your family memories for when they're older #mmbc

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They certainly do - scarily so. I hope they enjoy reading it back when they are older.

      Delete
  3. Aww! How has it been a year already! Time flies.
    Happy birthday to your little one x #MMBC

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! It's frightening how quickly time flies past.

      Delete
  4. oh that photo middle photo <3<3 It is so lovely to watch an only child become a sibling and the change in dynamics and relationships! Happy birthday little one!
    Thank you for linking up to #TriumphantTales. I hope to see you back next week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. My eldest has been truly fantastic in taking her under her wing.

      Delete
  5. Aww, this is lovely. What a lovely letter to your baby. People are right about a second child just seeming to slot in to the family x
    #TriumphantTales

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I think she thinks she was born to stand out and everyone revolves around her.

      Delete
  6. Aw what a lovely post. That year totally flew by! Happy belated first birthday little one :)

    Thanks for being part of #MMBC. Have a lovely weekend and see you Monday lovely xx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment