Things I've Liked and Loved in June

Each month I like to look back on the positives that have happened by joining Stevie (A Cornish Mum) with her linky Liked & Loved. Looking back on the positives can be beneficial not just in the short term but long term too I understand and I'm all for that. I hope you can look back too on the positive things that have happened in your life during the month of June and recall the joy each thing brought you. 

Things I've Liked and Loved in June


Here are the things that I've enjoyed during June


Books I've Liked and Loved in June

My girls and I were blessed this month to receive books. The girls received 4 books from the Toddlyworld series that they enjoyed browsing through and they came with cds that we should have taken away with us on our trip up to The Lakes. I think there’d have been less whinging from the girls had I remembered to take them # mumfail? . I did take some of eldest’s Thomas books but I'm not sure it was enough. I also took a book for myself to read on the journey north and nearly got the whole book read in that one trip! This is the first time I've read that many chapters in one journey. That just goes to show how much the book absorbed me.

Things I've Liked and Loved in June

While up in the lakes we visited a few different attractions which I've written about on the blog. On our first day we ventured to Wray Castle via boat and the day after we boarded a train and saw the Aquarium. Seeing these attractions and spending such a lovely time connecting to nature was such a welcome break for us all. Each day the experiences led to the girls being thoroughly tired out but they've bounced back to full on active craziness since being back.

Crafts I've Liked and Loved in June

I love to craft with my girls and this month we created some cloud dough. It was so simple to make and like a fruit crumble in texture.

Things I've Liked and Loved in June
This month also saw my youngest turn one. It’s true that these precious little bundles of joy grow up so quickly! We went to Beale Park for her birthday but forgot our camera! Louise from Little Hearts Big Love also went but when she did it was raining. You can read her account here.

Things I've Liked and Loved in June

Finally, last week saw us treated to a visit to The Story Museum in Oxford, a meal out to the Ock Mill Beefeater and a day out at Flywheel soaking up the sounds and sights of tanks, motorbikes, cars and planes. So stay tuned to see my reviews on these places.

What have been your June highlights?

Rhyming with WineA Cornish MumMrs Mummy Harris

Comments

  1. I love Oxford, its such a lovely place! It sounds like you had a really good month full of good memories especially with little ones first birthday!
    Thank you for sharing this with us at #TriumphantTales. I hope to see you back next week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it's been really enjoyable. A little sad that my babies are growing up so fast though.

      Delete
  2. Wow you've had a busy and exciting month! The Story Museum sounds really interesting, I quite fancy that myself, Oxford is so lovely. I can't wait to see what you get up to next month #DreamTeam x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's been a fun packed month for sure. I've no idea what next month will bring.

      Delete
  3. Hello lovely lady, just popping back via #TriumphantTales xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. i really keep meaning to read more, but seem to spend all my time on blogs, but i guess that counts as reading and probably far more educational for me #triumphanttales

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my goodness blogs definitely lead to reading

      Delete
  5. Sounds like you had a lovely month! Hope your little one had a fab birthday, the time really does fly by doesn't it! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like you've had a lovely month. I really wish I read more! Perhaps I will schedule some time in for that next month. #likedandloved

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We certainly have as a family. You're right about scheduling in time for making things happen.

      Delete
  7. Happy birthday to your little one, turning one is so special. I love to read and both my girls are following in my footsteps as little book worms. x #likedloved

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I hope my girls grow up with a love of reading too. x

      Delete
  8. I hope your youngest had a wonderful first birthday. I have always wanted to visit the lakes, I really should as I don't live too far away and it looks like you had a wonderful time. #likedandloved x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. We all went to Beale Park. It's a beautiful area that you should visit. x

      Delete
  9. Happy Birthday little one! It's sounds like you have all had the most wonderful June. A trip to The Lakes sounds like a huge highlight. It's so nice being out in the fresh air and green. Thank you for sharing your little joys with the #DreamTeam xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Annette. June certainly was a lovely month bar the sunburn.

      Delete
  10. First birthday, yay for such a huge milestone, what fun (oh forget it, I admit I cried when my girl turned one, just made sure it wasn't in front of her haha). Too bad about the camera for sure though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are right it was such a sad but sweet moment

      Delete
  11. Happy birthday to your little lady! Looks like you've had some lovely trips, I've never been to Oxford but may have to visit, definitely looks like a great month x #LikedandLoved

    ReplyDelete
  12. A belated happy birthday to your little one :) The time goes crazily fast doesn't it?! Glad you had such a fantastic June, hope your July has been just as great!

    Thanks for joining in with #LikedandLoved

    Stevie x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Stevie. It certainly does go fast at a scary rate you are right.

      Delete

Post a Comment