How to Make Your Very Own Cloud Dough

What can you do with a cup of baby oil and a few cups of flour? Well for one thing you could make cloud dough which is exactly what we had fun making and playing with recently. This substance is great for young children who are passed the age of trying to eat everything and is a little bit like the topping you may find on an apple crumble.  

How to Make Your Very Own Cloud Dough


Once the cloud dough was made we set about playing with it. I got out the things we use for playing with play dough (a little pizza kit) and eldest was keen for me to play with her.  I showed her how to use the little tools and we had fun making imprints in the cloud dough and rolling it into a ball. We also tried rolling a tool up and down the cloud dough and seeing what happened. I think she preferred to use her fingers to poke at the substance and run it through her fingers as if it were crumble though.

How to Make Your Very Own Cloud Dough


Of course it didn't all stay in the designated bowl though. Oh no the cloud dough made an appearance on the table and floor too but that was not a big problem. A dustpan and brush easily eradicated all signs of mess after play.  

How to Make Your Very Own Cloud Dough

Here’s how I created cloud dough:

1.       Take one cup of baby oil (we used a toy kitchen cup) and pour it into a bowl
2.       Add eight cups of flour
3.       Mix these together et voilĂ  you've got your very own cloud dough


Have you ever tried making cloud dough for your child to play with?

I'm open for suggestions as to what you’d like to see us make next so do feel free to comment below and let us know. Maybe your suggestion will feature in an upcoming blog post by us. 

Until next time....

Happy Crafting x

Dear Bear and Beany

Comments

  1. Cloud dough looks like so much fun and really easy to make too. I'll have to try it with my son when he gets a bit bigger. #littlemakes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eldest loved playing with it as long as I accompanied her. Youngest is on a see food eat it mission though so there was none fr her to play with.

      Delete
  2. Who knew you could make this so simply!! But so messy too. Hehe right before bath time I think it would be great fun . Thanks for joining in #littlemakes

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohh! This is something my girl would love. It is so simple to make too. Thanks for sharing x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It certainly is and you can make as little or as much as you like.

      Delete
  4. Lots of fun to be had with this. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So easy and I bet it smells amazing! Definitely one for the summer to do list with L #craftycorner

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love playdough recipes! How long does this one keep, in a sealed container? The baby oil sounds very skin-kind too. :) #MMBC

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know I'm not sure sorry. Yes I think it could be.

      Delete
  7. I have not made this with my daughters for ages! Your recipe looks really nice and simple. I think we will give this one a try! Thanks.
    #CraftyCorner

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I found it really easy to make but only used the little cup as featured as a regular cup may have been too much for us. Pleased to have inspired you.

      Delete
  8. What a good idea, I'm sure my nieces would love playing with that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Do let me know if you give it a go.

      Delete
  9. I'm sure my mum used to make something similar for me as a child. I must have been really young but still remember my play baking. What a lovely simple recipe to follow #CraftyCorner

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's interesting how we both have memories to do with creativity. I'm not sure my parents were though - just their friends and my grandfather.

      Delete
  10. I never thought to make this before. It looks really simple, one to book mark for the summer holidays coming up. Thank you for joining us at #CraftyCorner

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment