Things I've Liked and Loved in May

As another month approaches and this one fast disappears it’s time for another Liked and Loved post from me. This month we've discovered new places and desirable objects. Grab yourself your favourite beverage (mine is a typical English tea) and settle back and enjoy. 

Things I've Liked and Loved in May

Reading


I finished Girl Boss and was drawn to pick up a spiritual read called Digging for Diamonds by Cathy Madavan. I’m finding it a really interesting read for the author uses diamonds as an analogy for different parts of how she sees society. 

Upcycling


I’ve continued to do the odd bit of upcycling now and again. I take my inspiration from all sorts of things and recently was inspired by a supermarket magazine to makeover our bedroom. I bought a couple of Mongolian cushions in teal, upcycled some cards I had and gathered some other canvases I had collected. I also purchased some lovely items from the store and was not disappointed. 

Carboot Sales

Things I've Liked and Loved in May

This month we seem to have really got into the swing of going to carboot sales on a Sunday. Having attended several of them over the years I can’t help but think that the one we once loved is going downhill a little. Everything I see that is in line with the children looks like it’s been worn so much they are nearly rags and some are plain dirty. Therefore, we have been trying out another one nearby and we get to have a lie in on the morning too bonus. I've found some lovely fancy dress pieces in good condition this month and am debating on whether to get them a fancy dress rail or not.

Connecting with Nature

Things I've Liked and Loved in May

The great thing about blogging is that I get to read some fantastic posts on places to visit. Having seen numerous people go on Gruffalo Hunts across the country I thought it would be something that my children would love to do too. The girls are both familiar with Julia Donaldson’s work and we fell in love with the beautiful arboretum.  

New Shoes

Things I've Liked and Loved in May

Finally, I a loving these new shoes I recently bought at TK Maxx in Bath. I was so pleased to discover these beauties in the store and am looking forward to wearing them throughout the summer.

How about you? What have you loved about May? 

A Cornish MumTwo Tiny HandsCuddle FairyRun Jump Scrap!Diary of an Imperfect MumDear Bear and BeanyMum Muddling Through


Comments

  1. Ooh good find with the fancy dress bits! Can't beat a bit of TKMaxx can you? I'm in there at least once a week! BloggerClubUK

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I make sure they are in good condition before I buy. TKMaxx is a great place I've got something from there for all parts of the house.

      Delete
  2. Oh I love a bit of upcycling, I must get into a bit more here in this household too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah I love the costumes! My daughter would love them too. It's good to get some reading done too. Here's to another month gone..crazy it's June tomo! Thanks for sharing with #bestandworst x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I'm debating on whether to get them a rail or not to put them on. Reading is great online and off. This year is flying by!

      Delete
  4. Love the shoes! We have considered car boot sales but never got around to being that organised! #bestandworst

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. They can be great places for buying and selling.

      Delete
  5. Love a bit of upcycling, and I can't wait until my little boy is old enough to really experience a Gruffalo hunt - it's one of our favourites! Thanks for sharing #SharingTheBlogLove

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He'll really enjoy it when he goes. I'm sure.

      Delete
  6. I have recently become interested in upcycling myself. Everything I look at I want to change haha. I think the OH is fed up with me haha. My daughter loves all things fancy dress. As do I really.. #familyfun

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah sounds like you've a creative mind at play there. Can't beat a little fancy dress.

      Delete
  7. We went on a Gruffulo trail recently too - it was fab! And good TK Maxx finds - ours is rubbish and never has anything good. #SharingTheBlogLove

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh dear. I certainly feel like I got lucky on our trip to Bath. Last year I searched for shoes to my sister's wedding and ended up in what looked to some like slippers!

      Delete
  8. Lovely new shoes! I'm loving seeing my feet again after the long winter! I love a Gruffalo trails too - we've not done one since they brought out the app and it's on my list for the summer. Thanks for joining us at #SharingtheBlogLove

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. May you enjoy the Gruffalo hunt when you get to do it.

      Delete
  9. Yay for new summer shoes! Shoe shopping is difficult for me and I'm happy to have found something to live in during the summer!! ‪Thank you for linking up to the #familyfunlinky‬

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah tell me about it. I struggled last year when it was my sisters wedding and I was pregnant.

      Delete
  10. We are off to the Gruffulo trail this weekend, can't wait we loved the stick man one last year. x #LikedLoved

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh looking forward to reading your account x

      Delete
  11. Wow love the dress up haul - well done! The sandals are beautiful too. #sharingthebloglove

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. It's amazing what treasure you find.

      Delete
  12. Just popping back to say thank you for joining us at #SharingtheBlogLove

    ReplyDelete
  13. It sounds like you had a lovely May, I love car boot sales and finding a bargain or two! Thanks for joining in with #LikedandLoved again

    Stevie x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a great linky Stevie. Thank you for encouraging us to look back on our month and recall all the positives x

      Delete
  14. Sounds like a great month full of great shopping finds! #likedandloved

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't think I was a big shopper but maybe I'm more of a shopper than I thought

      Delete

Post a Comment