Creative Crafters For Christmas: May B Sew

With Christmas just around the corner I thought it would be great to interview a number of Creative Crafters that can offer something unique at this time of year. This week I am delighted to feature the very talented Lois Billington of May B Sew.


Top Hat Turquoise with Rose

Hi for those who don’t know you, could you please tell us a bit about yourself.


Hi I'm Lois Billington. I graduated in 2013 with a foundation degree in costume construction. I volunteer once a week at a local theatre helping out with the costumes and am sometimes on stage.

Lilly Pad Top Hat


What sort of creative business do you run?

At the moment my business is based around mini top hats for any event.

Alice in Wonderland Top Hat


What advice would you give to someone who wants to have a go themselves?

My advice would be to organise yourself. Keep receipts of anything you buy or use in your projects to sum up your overall price of your item. Add in time and materials together to make a profit. Organise your time particularly if you’re in either full time or part time work.

Brightly Coloured Top Hat with mask

Where can we find you?


I have a facebook page and my Etsy account is here.

Thank you, Lois for taking time out of your busy schedule to be interviewed.  If you are a creative crafter and would like to be interviewed on a future post in this series please get in contact. 

Comments

  1. Wow what fabulous accessories I would love one of these mini hats they have so much personality! Thanks for linking up to #coolmumclub with this x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome. They are lovely and fun aren't they.

      Delete
  2. Love those mini top hats - what a brilliant idea. Looking forward to reading more from this series :-) #coolmumclub

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww thanks Louise. Yes she sure is talented.

      Delete
  3. Oh so lovely! I'm always completely in awe of creative people - I can barely thread a needle! #tribe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too. My weakness is in knitting though.

      Delete
  4. Oh these are gorgeous!! What a lovely idea for accessories! #PicknMix xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh they are so beautiful. I adore Alice in Wonderland and the little added touches are just fab. x #picnmix

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've found you are the post before me on #fortheloveofblog but i've already commented via #picnmix! whoops! I will pin this and stumble it also to hopefully make up for that! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have such a talent and such fun designs X #kcacols

    ReplyDelete
  8. What great ideas! Thanks so much for linking up at #KCACOLS. Hope you come back again next Sunday

    ReplyDelete
  9. They are really super. Creative lady indeed. #PoCoLo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh wow - bloody love the alice in wonderland one... can I have one please?!
    Thanks for linking to #ablogginggoodtime

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just get in contact with her I'm sure she'd love to hear from you.

      Delete
  11. These are so quirky, what a fun idea! Thanks for linking up to #PicknMix

    Stevie x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome. I'm pleased you like these lovely unique pieces.

      Delete
  12. These are gorgeous - what a wonderful thing to do. Rainbowsaretoo from #kcacols

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow those hats are amazing. She is very talented. I wish I can have her skill. But I'm rubbished at those things! LOL Thanks so much for sharing this at #KCACOLS. It is lovely to have you, :-) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Franca. I am pleased you like her hats.

      Delete
  14. What brilliant creations!
    Thanks for linking to #pocolo

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment