A Sneak Peek: Painting Tables

This week I give you a sneak peek into the master bedroom as I reveal to you what I did with 3 nesting tables.



We bought these at a monthly auction in the area and for a long time they sat there having nothing done to them. Then inspiration struck and as part of a mini makeover I am giving our bedroom I decided to paint them. 


Before I could unleash the brushes on them though I rubbed down the tables having been told this aids the fixation of paint to the wood. Then I got out the white paint and covered them using two different sized brushes.

During this process the perfectionist came out in me and despite applying several coats of paint it came off as easily as it went on which is frustrating but at the same time gives them a je ne sais quoi which I quite like.


Finally, I hand painted detail on to the corners of the tables so they don't look so clinical. I used teal paint as our bedroom is teal, black and white.


Do you have any tips for furniture painting you'd like to share? Do you find yourself having to tame an inner critic? As always I love hearing from you so please leave a message for me below.

This post was originally linked up to the following linkys: Home Etc / Share With Me / The Mad Mid Week Blog Hop

Comments

  1. Oh I love the teal feature, it gives them such a pretty and individual look. The white looks really clean and stylish xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks teal is my favourite colour. The feature was inspired by a mug.

      Delete
  2. These look fab. I am looking to paint some furniture in our bedroom too but worried because its not solid wood, its just Ikea cheap stuff. I am desperate for a new bedside table and had never thought of using a nest like this though. #HomeEtc x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Caroline. There's a lot of different paint out there and some that cover a multiple of surfaces. I'm sure you can find something to suit.

      Delete
  3. Aah I LOVE up-cycling furniture. I use a fab product called ESP — it gives the piece a 'key' and means that you don't have to sand it down! My fave cheat :) Thanks so much for linking up with us — hope to see you again next week! x #HomeEtc

    Caro | www.thetwinklediaries.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Is that an abbreviation for something? If it is I think I follow. I look forward to sharing more with you.

      Delete
  4. What a change - and it's so nice to give old furniture a new lease of life while ridding the world of brown furniture too :) #homeetc

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I certainly do prefer my tables now that they are painted.

      Delete
  5. I'm a huge fan of upcycling and once you've started it can become really addictive! That teal detail is beautiful and makes it a bespoke piece - great idea. Thanks for sharing x #HomeEtc

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you. Yes I'm definitely addicted when it comes to upcycling.

      Delete
  6. What a lovely project and great upcycling. Its gorgeous now. Thank you so much for linking up to Share With Me #sharewithme

    ReplyDelete
  7. These look beautiful!! Great project!! I also painted our dining table, 4 chairs and a side table last year. It was a big job but I actually enjoyed it! :-) xx

    http://www.amomentwithfranca.com/

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment