How to Make Your Own Clothes Dividers

Of course it's not just crafting supplies that I am trying to organise in this house. I also like to organise my daughters' clothes cupboard. You can read all about our experience of trying to be environmentally friendly while creating our daughter's clothes collection here.



How to Make Your Own Clothes Dividers

Once I'd hung up all her clothes in the wardrobe I decided it would benefit from the addition of little clothes dividers each one for a different age range. Having clothes dividers enabled me to see at a glance which clothes would be appropriate for her age range at the time. Of course as they grow you may prefer to separate their clothes by the days of the week or even colour coordinate them in rainbow fashion.

How to Make Your Own Clothes Dividers

Here's how I created the clothes dividers.

  1. The first thing I did was buy some hangers from a well known craft store. 
  2. I then took out my stash of scrapbook paper and set to work gluing that down on the front and back of them.
  3. I trimmed off the excess using scissors but a craft knife would work just as easily.
  4. My sister had given me some wall art stickers as a present and at first I wasn't sure what to do with them as I was going with a neutral theme for the nursery which included teddy bears. So instead of putting them on the wall I used them to decorate the clothes hangers. 
  5. I also added numbered stickers of the month the clothes ranged from on each of the hangers. 
  6. Finally, I attached different coloured ribbon to the top of the dividers before hanging them up in the wardrobe.
How to Make Your Own Clothes Dividers

How do you organise your child’s clothes? Do you use dividers too? As always I’d love to hear from you so please leave a comment below. Until next time.... Happy Crafting x 


Coombe MillDear Bear and BeanyA Green and Rosie Life

Comments

  1. What a good idea. Ours is such a mess. #littlemakes

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really need to do this with my daughters wardrobe as I keep missing clothes and then she outgrows them which is a shame. #littlemakes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no. If you do decide to go ahead. I'd love to see yours.

      Delete
  3. Oh my children's wardrobes are such a pickle, it would be great to do this. I could make some trendy teen decorated ones and hope they might actually hang their clothes up! Come to that some for my husband would be good too, then he might not use that wardrobe called the floor all the time.

    Thank you for sharing with me on #Trash2Treasure

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do like the sound of trendy teenage ones.

      Delete
  4. This is a lovely idea. I've given up with trying to organise my children's wardrobes, they are so messy at the moment! #Trash2Treasure

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. It's difficult to stay on top of the tidying situation sometimes.

      Delete
  5. This is a great idea. I sort their clothes into types of items and this would be brilliant to find them. Thank you for joining us at #CraftyCorner

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. That's a great system you've got there.

      Delete
  6. These clothes dividers are so pretty, I love the idea of using scrapbook paper to decorate them. Most of my son's clothes of organised in drawers but I could always make some cute labels for them! #CraftyCorner

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Natalie. Do let me see photos of your labels should you make them. x

      Delete
  7. Such a fun idea! Looks pretty and so practical. I love it. Thanks for linking up with #craftycorner xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are so cute! I always wanted to make my own clothes dividers when my little ones were younger! Thank you for linking up to #MakeItLinky

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Making my own dividers really helped me stay organised during their first years.

      Delete
  9. This is a really sweet idea and a great way to be organised and make use of craft materials you already have!

    Thanks for adding this post to #GoingGreen and I hope you will be there again when the next one opens on July 3rd 💚

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I certainly enjoyed using them up with the girls in mind.

      Delete
  10. Such a good idea! We are moving soon, but this has really inspire me to get organised when we get our new place! #MakeItLinky xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Good luck with the move. I hope everything goes smoothly. xx

      Delete

Post a Comment