Word of the Week: Improvements

When I woke up this morning my mind went blank as to what my word of the week was. However, as I peeled more paint off a wall running up the stairs to the landing it dawned on me. The word of the week has got to be improvements. There was just a small hole where the paint was chipped but this has grown with both the eldest and I picking at it. I know we don’t need another project at the moment but now we've got a wall to cover or demolish.

Word of the Week: Improvements


We've also been working on the garden and making little improvements here and there. Sprinkling creative magic about the place and watching the garden grow with vegetation. Well the eldest sadly decided it was a good idea to dig up the carrots so we no longer have those to look forward too. We also may experience some more raspberries come through and the odd tomato needs to turn red before picking. I think the eldest decided that she needed a big spy hole at the end of our garden too as the gate has a piece missing from it now that needs fixing!

Word of the Week: Improvements

Hubby came home with some old toys recently his cousins used to play with and offered them to our girls. Eldest and Daddy have been having a great time playing together with the Lego and particularly love  the police siren. I’m not sure whether hubby or the girls love the Lego more. For me I fell in love with Fabuland which is much smaller. I’m hoping that my parents kept the tub of it we had as a child. Of course the Lego soon needed a proper place in which to be homed so I bought some canvas storage cubes for it to live in. However, when it came to placing them in the unit with the other canvas bins they turned out to be smaller. They did fit in much better with our DIY storage unit in our bedroom though which has been an ongoing project.

As always I am linking up with Jocelyn from The Reading Residence. You can find her word of the week and other lovely people’s here.



The Reading Residence

Comments

  1. Lots of improvements for you, there always seems to be bits here and there to do, doesn't there? We've been getting lots of raspberries this year, I'm sure we'll pick more this weekend x Thanks for sharing with #WotW

    ReplyDelete
  2. Out two just loved lego and would still built with it if it was out, it such a great interactive toy isn't it ? I am in despair with my garden at the moment because of all the slugs that eat any pots I plant it is sooooo annoying ! Have a lovely week x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the look of your canvas bins. We store Lego in similar ones. Love the sound of the improvements to the garden - fingers crossed for raspberries and tomatoes soon. #WotW

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment