A Blogger Went to Sea, Sea, Sea

Last week I traveled down to Southampton for the Tots 100 Blog Camp on Board experience. It is fair to say I was particularly nervous before hand as it was the first time I'd attended an official event and driven myself to Southampton. However, as soon as I was sat in the arrival lounge my worries were washed away.

Set Sail With MSC Cruises Preziosa

Friendly Atmosphere

A Blogger Went to Sea, Sea, Sea
image by @mebecomingmum

Being part of numerous linkys has led me to know a lot of people virtually and I was soon greeted by Katy from Untold Morsels and others. A number of the bloggers that day had shy badges but I managed to open them up and spent most of the day with two lovely bloggers Claire Evans and Naomi. I think we should have had our blogs on our badges as well as our names as I was unsure who some people were.

What Does MSC Have in Store for Kids?



Having two daughters my aim for the day was to discover what MSC Preziosa had in store for the little ones. What particularly stood out to me was the fact it's run by a family for families. Their representatives are enthusiastic and the mascots will capture the hearts of old and young alike. In fact move over Disney there is a new kid in town and my eldest daughter has already learnt about the lovable mascot Doremi or in her words 'Do-me'.  I also seem to be replaying their Kelly and Kloe soundtrack in my head it's that catchy.


There are five kids clubs on board the ship which are possible to drop in and out of during the day. Or if you'd like to spend the holiday seeing the children too it's possible to do activities together. Each of these are linked to kids brands such as Chicco for the babies and Lego for the older ones. 

Give A Child A Lego Brick and You Can Unite Countries

Set Sail With MSC Cruises Preziosa

With my family and friends living in England, France, Australia and Holland to name but a few of the many places we've got connections with. It was lovely to hear about the ship being in partnership with Lego. As the children's representative (as seen in the Kelly and Kloe episodes too) soon pointed out to us Lego is one thing that unites all of us in different countries. I can certainly see my nephew and daughters playing together despite the language difference. (He will be brought up with Dutch being his country's language and my daughters are primarily English).

A Shared Passion For Food

A Blogger Went to Sea, Sea, Sea
image by @Beachhutcook

Of course another thing that unites us all is our passion for food and it sure was delicious. I was unsure whether to opt for the buffet or menu but ended up with a bit of both. I was a little worried as to whether the foreign waiters would understand that I didn't want mayonnaise but my worries as to whether they'd understood me were put to rest when my sandwich arrived.

During the day I made sure to drink plenty of water too and the waiters were very attentive and made sure we always had something to drink. Some bloggers had thought that they could have become quite tipsy on the amount of wine we were offered. At lunch I was joined by Sandhya of Sandhya's Kitchen who gave the photography session. She talked about light and looking at how images in magazines are constructed.

A quiz on board featuring metrics with Sally Whittle, a Q & A with the staff on board the ship and a much needed cup of tea rounded off my fantastic day on board MSC Preziosa.

Have you ever considered a cruise holiday with the kids?



The PramshedSuitcases and SandcastlesCuddle FairyReal Mum ReviewsHot Pink WellingtonsMotherhood The Real DealAn Imperfect Mum

Comments

  1. I've never cruised myself but would love to take my daughter on one - especially if there is children's entertainment! #fortheloveofBLOG

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd love to, but not sure if my adopted boys would be able to cope with it. Thanks for the recommendation though, we might brave one in teh future :) #ablogginggoodtime

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bet your food was delicious and how lovely that you got to meet Katy in person. I've been on a small luxury cruise pre kids but nothing since. I suspect I'd find a cruise ship like this a bit on the large size for me but can see myself doing a river cruise with the kids one day. Thanks for sharing on #FarawayFiles

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have to say, that Titanic killed all cruise aspirations for me! This ship does look amazing though!
    Thanks for sharing with #coolmumclub

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never been on a cruise holiday before! I was thinking of trying to plan one for next year but now we're saving for a place to live. This cruise sounds great for kids though! And I guess, by extension, good for their parents to have some time to relax as well.

    P.S. I love the "shy" badges. I'd totally need one of those for real life!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks like a great ship and the lego area would go down well with my daughters! I have never been on a cruise but I like the idea of easily visiting lots of different places in one holiday. #SharingtheBlogLove

    ReplyDelete
  7. A cruise is not something I would naturally consider but I can see what a great option it would be for families. Glad you had a fun day #FarawayFiles

    ReplyDelete
  8. It was so great to meet you Helena! I thought all the partnerships that MSC has developed were fascinating. I love Cirque du Soleil and Lego and that really consider that an MSC cruise could be a great holiday for our family. Thanks for joining #farawayfiles

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like you had an amazing time! Love the thought of all the kids clubs and things to do one board. I would take my kids when they're both walking, maybe in a year or so. I think they would see it as a great adventure! Thanks for sharing with #fortheloveofblog

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds like you had a lovely time. Claire's blog was one of the first ones I encountered when I started blogging - how lovely that you spent the day with her. It sounds like there is so much for kids to do on the boat. We've only been on day ferry trips with the girls but maybe a cruise is something for us to consider for the future. #sharingthebloglove

    ReplyDelete
  11. It looks like you all had a lovely time, I was sad that I had to miss it. I've never done a cruise before, but this does tempt me. Thank you for joining us at #SharingtheBlogLove

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've been so impressed by how much they have to offer children on this ship! I know my son would love all the lego, and I'd love all the different food options :) I've never considered a cruise before, not as a couple and not as a family either, but it looks like this would be a great option! Thanks for joining us at #SharingtheBlogLove

    ReplyDelete
  13. It was lovely meeting you early in the day! I didn't get to do the kids' activities session so it was nice to see what you got up to! Hope to see you again soon. Lx #MMBC

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm so pleased you found friendly bloggers - going to any big event can be nerve wracking, I definitely feel it! Thanks so much for coming along and for sharing your experience of the day :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment