Word of the Week: Sun

It’s Friday which means only one thing. It is time to join Jocelyn for Word of the Week. This week I'm showing I am a typical Brit as I reflect on the weather.



On reading a variety of blogs throughout the week one thing is clear and that is that we all cope differently when it comes to the sun. Some are used to it coming from a different country while others are just not cut out for it. I fall into the latter category sadly.

So there’ll be no trips to hot countries such as Egypt for me despite it being greatly steeped in history. I don’t even bask in the sun to top up my tan no I'm far too busy rushing around touristic places when we go away.

Last Sunday we figured that the day would be a wash out as we looked up at the sky but no it turned into a brilliant blue sky day where I got burnt! The whole of this week I have therefore been in pain and my shoulders red raw. A v mark rests in place where my sports bra laid a victory sign to the sun not to me sadly. Sleeping has been a challenge because of the pain I've experienced and having a duvet on the bed leads to having nightmares!  

So all this week I've been layering on after sun and a well known cream usually used on babies but still felt rather tender. So as the scouts saying goes ‘Be Prepared!’ whatever the weather especially during these summer months and keep a bottle of suncream for you and those around you on you at all times.

So while some are praying for the return of the sun I am thankful that for now the temperature is just right for me.

As always I love to hear from you. Do leave me a comment below as to how you cope in the heat. 


The Reading Residence

Comments

  1. I'm like you, I'd never be able to visit a hot country like Egypt or Dubai, as much as I'd like to see what it's like there. Sunburn is the pits, I've not got burnt for many years because I know how bad it makes me feel when I do. I had sunstroke when I was 19 yrs old and I've never forgotten how awful it was. I hope you feel better next week and I too have enjoyed the cooler weather this week. x
    #wotw

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Anne for sharing that I'm not alone on this x

      Delete
  2. Ouch! Sunburn is the worst. I hope you are a little less sore now!
    We've had rain all this week! I want some sunshine. hehehe
    #WotW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Still feeling it but less each day. I'm loving the rain now.

      Delete
  3. Oh no, sounds so painful. I do like the sun and am hoping it reappears soon, though not too soon to make you more uncomfortable! Thanks for sharing with #WotW x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is. I certainly think the sun has got stronger over the years.

      Delete
  4. Ouch! Sunburn is nasty - poor you for having suffered with it this week. Hope that it is better now x #WotW

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment