Review: Toddlyworld Books

I can’t believe that in a few days time my youngest will turn one! In the eyes of some that means I have two toddlers in the house! Both lovely little girls (guess who’s biased) are fast growing up and learning about the world around them.

Review: Toddlyworld Books


To aid in their learning I recently accepted Boolino’s offer of four educational Toddlyworld Books. These board books created by fellow mum Stanka Wixted tell the tale of Toddly and Toddlybear together they embark on adventures learning about the seasons, stars, numbers and more. You can check out the full collection here if you’d like.

Review: Toddlyworld Books


Accompanying the books are audio cds that feature 2 songs and an extended version of the story in the book. As a child growing up I remember reading stories that you used to follow along to help you learn to read and every time it came to turn the page a bell sounded. This is not the case in this instance as there is no bell and it’s not possible to follow the words in the book while simultaneously listening to the audio. Therefore the book becomes a little redundant when listening to the audio but it’s still great to look through and see the bright, bold illustrations by Tony Campbell.  At present neither of my daughters has learnt to read yet so this isn't so much of a problem. However, if you are at that stage when they are learning to read why not keep the cds in the car and the books by your child’s bed so wherever they are they aren't far away from the lovable characters.

Review: Toddlyworld Books

So if you are looking for educational books designed to teach your preschooler about the world in which they live in then look no further.

Review: Toddlyworld Books

You can view the full collection of Toddlyworld books and their cds on the Boolino website. Each one is available for £7.99. 

Disclaimer: We were kindly sent four Toddlyworld books and their accompanying cds in exchange for a review. All words and pictures contained within this post are my own. 



Laura's Lovely BlogRead With MeRhyming with WineMorgan Prince


Comments

  1. I love books with CDs and these look and sound great :o)

    #readwithme

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look like lovely books and it's great that the CD comes with extra songs :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks like a lovely set of books to collect and I love the added audio CDs. Thanks for sharing with #readwithme

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes we tend to keep audio cd's in the car too. These look a nice set of books #readwithme

    ReplyDelete
  5. My little one loves books. I remember listening to audio books in the car when I was a child and that's led to me listening to plays on the radio. I'm glad to see they are still available for children. #dreamteam

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm of the age where tapes were the thing to play in a car and now it's cds.

      Delete
  6. We are lovers of book in our house but audio books are something we still have to try. They will especially be handy on our road trip this summer x
    Thanks for linking up to #DreamTeam

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh you really should. My daughter loved sitting on my knee and looking at the pages of the book while listening to the cd.

      Delete
  7. Oh we love a good audio book especially when doing a long drive to a place, they seem to chill out kids with the constant questions lol X #dreamteam

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree they can be fantastic on a long trip.

      Delete
  8. These look like a really sweet set of books for little ones #readwithme

    ReplyDelete
  9. These books look great..we have a few seasonal books which my eldest loves reading. #kltr

    ReplyDelete
  10. These look great. I've not tried audio books with the grandkids. thanks for the reminder.
    #KLTR

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm going to show my age here, but as a child I loved the books that came with a record (45) at the back. A feast for all senses! Glad to see those books have had an upgrade :) Thanks for sharing with #PoCoLo x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment