Word of the Week: Puzzle

Ok peeps today's Friday post is going to be short and sweet. This week's word is 


This week has seen eldest and me poorly with a stubborn cough that has puzzled us as to where it has come from. We have been unable to give medicine to our eldest as she takes one sip of it and rejects it. We've tried mixing it with her milk but she said ‘no’ and suggested ‘baby’ had it! Baby and Daddy have managed to steer clear of the sickness thankfully.

So we've hankered down the hatches, hidden away indoors and played with Orchard Toy games (especially their puzzles). I picked up a few over the weekend for £1.20 and while several have been put away we had two new to us puzzles that eldest has thoroughly loved playing with. I'm so impressed with her recollection of words that are coming along through repetition.  

How has your week been?

The Reading Residence

Comments

  1. Oh dear, sorry to hear you've both been ill. My kids have had a cough for a while now, too, it is a stubborn one. Glad the puzzles have kept you entertained x Thanks for sharing with #WotW

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate it when you get puzzled by an illness, I hope the coughs ease up for you both soon. At least you found some fun puzzles to play with. x
    #WOTW

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love puzzles. Hopefully she is finding it distracting too. And what good memory skills. So frustrating when they won't take medicine. When my Teen was your daughter's age, I got so desperate, I used to hide it in jelly, just to make sure she finished the course. Hope you both feel better soon. #wotw

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh dear! I hope she feels better soon and no one else catches the cough. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. We were stuck with horrid cough & cold for most of February, hope it clears up soon for you. #WotW

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh no, that doesn't sound too good. Coughs can be stubborn and difficult to shift sometimes. I hope you both get better soon xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, hope you're all better soon. Coughs are miserable

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sorry to hear you've both been unwell. Glad that the puzzles have helped keep you occupied. Hope you are feeling better now. #WotW

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment