We are Going on a Camp Wilderness Adventure

We are going on an adventure. We are going to take part in a Family Bushcraft Day with Camp Wilderness this Saturday 25th March 2017 at Hatfield Woods. 

As I mentioned in My Monthly Bucket List – March earlier this month according to The Guardian three quarters of UK children spend less time outdoors than prisoners. That’s a shocking statistic! Here we are making a conscious effort to re-address this and get out into the garden every day. My daughter loves getting outside and trampling over the ground, picking up snails, delighting in the flowers and sadly destroyed one of her daddy’s rhubarb plants!

Daffodils in Our Garden

What activities are on offer? 

Sadly I've not been well enough to venture far this month as a cold has taken over my body! So this weekend I'm hoping to be well enough to travel to Hatfield Woods and delight in all that The Bushcraft Company have planned to lay on that day. There will be Camouflage and Concealment, Fire Workshop & Wilderness Cookery, a Wild Food Workshop, Camp Craft and Survival Bracelets.  I am sure you will agree with me that that’s a lot of activities packed into one day.

Wild food on an adventure

What Do We Pack?

Being geocachers we are used to packing a small rucksack to take with us and try and remember to wear the appropriate footwear too. Yes I have been known to walk around in heels and my sandals so most of my footwear has traces of mud!  Handily The Bushcraft Company has provided us with a list of things.

ESSENTIALS: Small rucksack Warm/hard-wearing clothing Waterproof outer layers Trainers or walking boots Water bottle Insect repellant Alcohol Hand Gel

OPTIONAL: Whistle Towel Torch with fresh batteries

WEATHER DEPENDENT: Wellington boots Warm hat Gloves Sun cream Sun hat


How to pack for Camp Wilderness

Will there be any more Family Bushcraft Open Days coming up?

This weekend’s Family Bushcraft Day with Camp Wilderness at Hatfield Woods marks the first Open Day of many. They are also running the following:  

  • Cholmondeley Castle – Saturday 8 th April, 11am until 3pm 
  • Penshurst Place – Sunday 30th April & Monday 1st May, 10am until 5pm 
  • Hatfield Woods – Saturday 13th May, 11am until 3pm 
  • Daylesford Festival – Saturday 20th May, 10am until 5pm

Are you planning on attending one of the Open Days?


Two Tiny HandsCuddle FairyRun Jump Scrap!Diary of an Imperfect MumDear Bear and BeanyMum Muddling ThroughCountry Kids from Coombe Mill

Comments

  1. The outdoors is so good for kids. Not only that it gives them the chance to stretch their legs but also helps their immune system become stronger.
    #familyfun
    p.s. the link via familyfun linky isn't working for me, I had to access this via your twitter account. Maybe the link is broken?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw this looks lovely. we are lucky we have access to 3 country parks all in about 5 minute drive from our house so we love getting outdoors and blowing away the cobwebs on a weekend afternoon! #bestandworst

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds like good fun! hope the weather holds out and it is a lovely day for you #bestandworst

    ReplyDelete
  4. We try to get outside for at least 20-30 minutes a day; much, much, much longer on nice days. We're waiting rather impatiently for the snow to go away so we can get out more.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay we are going to be there too so hopefully we will get to hang out in the wilderness! I am seriously excited for this. Thanks for linking this up to #coolmumclub lovely xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. It sounds really interesting. We're not too far from Daylsford so might try and get over there #sharingthebloglove

    ReplyDelete
  7. This sounds like a wonderful event! I've seen similar ones near me and thought they looked great for when my son is a bit older. I hope you all have a fabulous time! Thanks for joining us at #SharingtheBlogLove

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow that is a scary statistic. We do try and get out and about as much as we can although not as much as some bloggers I have seen. I am hoping it will get easier now toddler two is walking and steadier on his feet. This looks like a fab day out and thank you for sharing it with us at #familyfun xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great event, such a good idea to get people outside! #countrykids

    ReplyDelete
  10. This sounds like so much fun, and a great way for the whole family to spend more time outside. I'm really keen to do things like this when Finn is a bit older. I can't wait to read about how you got on.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This looks like lots of fun - especially now the weather is hotting up! #ablogginggoodtime

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a wonderful event, I hope you had a great time, the weather was certainly on your side. That statistic about the time kids spend outside is shocking. I have to say the sun does make a difference, all my kids were out straights after school today thanks to some warm sunshine. I hope it is the sign of things to come, we love a bush craft adventure here on the farm too.

    Thank you for sharing your local events on CountryKids

    ReplyDelete
  13. This sounds like a lot of fun, and a great way t enjoy the outdoors #countrykidsfun

    ReplyDelete
  14. I attended such a bushcraft day last October with a local Forest School leader here in Ireland, and I absolutely loved it! Hope your day was as brilliant as hoped for. Can't wait to read all about it.
    #CountryKids

    ReplyDelete
  15. This sounds like a wonderful day out. I hope you had a lovely time. Thank you for joining us at #SharingtheBlogLove

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ahhh, non of them are near me! They sound like a load of fun I'll look forward to reading all about it!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great photos. It sounds like a great day out. It's such a shame that so few children spend much time outdoors. It's so beneficial for them. As a youngster I was out in all weathers, often all day long until Mum called me in for tea! #countrykids

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oooo this sounds like really good fun. We're getting outdoors more and more!
    Thanks for linking to #ablogginggoodtime

    ReplyDelete
  19. This sounds amazing, I hope you had a lovely time! I look forward to reading all about it! #countrykids

    ReplyDelete
  20. That sounds like a fantastic day out. The statistic about children spending less time outdoors than prisoners is a shocking one. It's so good for them to be out and about exploring - no matter what the weather. Hope you're feeling better now and look forward to hearing about your day out :-) #countrykids

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment