Frugal Finds, My Girls' Bedroom and a Webinar #LittleLoves

This week my word of the week is voice or lack of it! 

Over the period of this week, my voice has gone from sounding like Justin Fletcher's Gail Force to a coughing seal! When my mum phoned the other day and I answered her next words were literally 'Oh my!' I had tried to warn her via Facebook but her reaction had me believe she hadn't read my words on social media and my Dad had. 

As for hubby I feel he forgets I'm ill somehow. The eldest was playing up at dinner time earlier this week and he turned to me and said 'Say something!' OK hubby how about croak, croak. So more cough medicine has been consumed in the hopes I may get better.











I've been trying to get to bed earlier leaving the girls in the capable hands of hubby to get to sleep. However, despite my body needing the rest my head has still been buzzing with a desire to be filled so I've been reading the latest edition of the baby magazines and have also been reading the Artful Parent by Jean Van'T Hul which is peppered with little quotes and information on how to have an artful family.







On Wednesday I ate dinner while watching Sarah Akwisombe 5 Secrets to Running a Successful Blog. It was interesting to see her suggestions, her telling things as she sees them and encouraging others to be unashamedly themselves. She too has had a cold this week but like a trooper she got on with the webinar.







The youngest being incredibly vocal! Yes I know you still exist sweetheart but do you need to give mummy a headache! Eldest too has been shouting at me this week! Girls I am not deaf but will soon be if you carry on - the little monkeys.








I created this over the weekend to put in the girls bedroom and now hubby has to fit it on the wall. I think my readers enjoyed seeing it and I may have inspired Orchard Toys themselves to create one for their office too.







As you can imagine I've been opting to wear comfortable clothing to lounge around the house. Although I feel there's not been much lounging but rather more sorting through things such as the girls wardrobe, sorting out wall art for their room and removing things they no longer need such as tiny little baby blankets. Both girls have a bit of new clothing although I do still need to get pyjamas for the eldest and my parents took her out to get a pair of wellington boots and she slept through the experience! She hadn't settled the night before so this was the consequence.








I attended an NCT Sale over the weekend and picked up numerous bargains including the Artful Parenting book I mentioned earlier, more Orchard Toy games and dresses for the girls. I'm particularly drawn to the labels H&M, Next and JoJo Maman I've noticed as well as a few supermarket pieces.

So that's it for this week. What have you been up to?


Coffee Work Sleep RepeatTwin Mummy and DaddyMorgan PrinceThe Reading ResidenceEmma’s Savvy Savings

Comments

  1. Oh no, sorry to hear you've struggled. Hope you are on the up again soon. That picture looks great! Thanks for sharing with #WotW x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you feel better soon and find your voice again. How frustrating. Smiling at the idea that both your little ones are possibly confusing your lack of voice with lack of hearing. Hope you don't have to resort to ear plugs. #wotw

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh no! I hope you feel better soon! It sounds like a good week apart from your voice x
    #WotW

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the idea of framing the Orchard Toys puzzle to hang on the wall!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the framed alphabet picture, what a brilliant idea. Sorry to hear that you've lost your voice - hope you feel better soon. #WotW

    ReplyDelete
  6. hope you're feeling better soon, can't be easy managing a toddler without a voice #pocolo

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love what you made, very creative. We love orchard toys here. Thanks for linking up to #ThatFridayLinky

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sorry you have been struggling hope things improve Thanks for linking to the #THAT FRIDAY LINKY come back next week please

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh dear, I hope you get your voice back very soon. I've been a little bit like that myself but seem to be full back now! #pocolo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Loosing your voice is just awful - very frustrating esp with a toddler to look after. Really hope you're on the mend.
    I do like your ABC craft. Looks good.
    As for the NCT sales, we have one in our area too and you really can bag a bargain!
    Hope you have a better week
    #WoTW

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hope you are feeling better now i hate feeling so ill, and like you say you cant stop can you? I also agree about being you in blogging, I just cant see the point of being what you are not and I would be rubbish as keeping it up x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Makes you feel so much better having a clear out of old clothes! #littleloves

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh hoping you feel better soon awful losing your voice. You are so creative. I hope you had a good weekend #littleloves

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such a cute alphabet print. Hope you're over the poorliness now xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. That print is amazing - very clever!

    I hope you're feeling better now x x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love your creation Helena, I had one like that when the boys were younger. :)
    Thanks for linking to #pocolo

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment