Adventuring Outdoors #LittleLoves

This week we've been making the most of the spring sunshine and getting outdoors. We went to Camp Wilderness on Saturday and then on Tuesday attended toddler group where the mothers were all given a little pot of flowers. I chose these beautiful yellow ones to plant in the garden.

My Mothers Day Present

 Then I headed to the playground with the girls and let them both slide and swing to their hearts content. Juggling two isn't always easy but we manage. Wednesday we attended another play group and we've been out in our own garden tidying the area and planting seeds. 






Childrens Books About Space

With space week on CBeebies I decided to dig out the children’s books we had on the subject too. Both of these have been read during bedtime story hour on the television and I've read them again during the week. 

The Martin Lewis Show

We watched Martin Lewis the money show. I admit to feeling like the girl who haggled for the first time on the show and know for a fact I’d have to write everything out that I’d like to get across before attempting to talk to someone. I've visions of me saying something silly!







It’s always sad when people move on and you've enjoyed their company. This is so true of a lady I got to know through one of the toddler groups we attend during the week. She was their leader and with so much going on for her she has had to step down and now she has expressed that she will be moving away entirely as her husband changes his job too and is becoming ordained.

Making a Carrot Patch

We've been making a lot of things this week from fires, clay animals and bracelets to a carrot patch in our garden. My husband and daughter had fun digging in the garden together before planting the carrot seeds. 

Enjoying the Great Outdoors at Camp Wilderness


We made sure to wear clothes we didn't mind getting dirty in over the weekend. This is the great thing about buying second hand now and again. I don’t care if the girls get filthy dirty. I just wish for them to have a great time all day every day.





Thank you to everyone who has been wishing me a speedy recovery. It really means a lot to me. 

How has your week been?

Coffee Work Sleep RepeatTwin Mummy and DaddyMorgan PrinceThe Reading ResidenceKCACOLS

Comments

  1. I love your little plant pot. I think I'd have trouble haggling too, but my hubby is very good at it so I let him do it. It sounds like you've had a busy week, I'm glad you are feeling better.
    #wotw

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Yes I let my hubby do it too. Thank you for the well wishes.

      Delete
  2. It has been wonderful to get outdoors more this week. I'm with you on the let-them-get-dirty. What are washing machines for? Love the photo of your little one juggling garden tools and her drink. Beautiful smile. #wotw

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very true washing machines do have their uses. Thank you for your compliments.

      Delete
  3. It's been so nice to spend more time outdoors, hasn't it? It's definitely warming up out there. We love those Oliver Jeffers' books, too x Thanks for sharing with #WotW

    ReplyDelete
  4. It has been great to be able to get outside more....It seems to be really warming up.
    Ahh! I love the Martin Lewis the money show....I always learn something from it. x
    #WotW

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Oliver Jeffers' books - they're gorgeous :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's certainly getting warmer to get us outdoors Thanks for linking to the #THAT FRIDAY LINKY come back next week please

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm looking forward to planting some flowers myself, to show my daughter how they grow from seeds. Hopefully they'll grow from seeds. I'm not much of a green thumb. #KCACOLS

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like a busy, busy week! Always sad when people move on. Good luck with the seeds - we've planted a lot out today!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Definitely agree with you on wearing clothes you don't mind getting dirty. Whenever the girls get their clothes dirty, Jessica just says "it's okay, Mummy, it can always be washed!" - and if I can't get it completely clean, then we can always wear it for really messy activities anyway! Hope you had a wonderful time at Camp Wilderness :-) #WotW

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a pretty flower. Sounds like you had a busy week. What a fab idea to do a post about your week :) #kcacols xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely that you've been getting outside and that your daughter and daddy had fun digging! #wotw

    ReplyDelete
  12. Getting outside is so good for the heart and the soul, I think so anyway! Your daughter is so super cute, I do love the photo of her with her digging things.
    Oh yes, clothes are meant to get dirty. If my children come home from playing outside all clean and pristine I'd question what they got up to !
    #WoTW

    PS; so sorry for the late commenting; it's been one of those weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oliver Jeffers books are fantastic aren't they? My youngest is 6 and still enjoys them. x

    ReplyDelete
  14. so nice to be able to get outside for a bit after this long winter. We've been trying to make the most out of it also #KCACOLS

    ReplyDelete
  15. So lovely that your kids get involved in the gardening. I wish I knew more about it! #PoCoLo

    ReplyDelete
  16. Amazing to get the kids out the garden to help out. We try as much as possible to do that with our two too. Hope the sun comes out more so we can all be outdoors for playing and exploring. Roll on summer. So sorry for the late comment I am playing catch up on today's and last weeks #littleloves. Better late than never I hope! Happy Weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Sounds like you've had lovely week. This brighter weather has been amazing for getting outdoors with the kids hasn't it? I love your flowers, what a lovely thing for them to do. Thanks so much for linking up at #KCACOLS. Hope you come back again next Sunday x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Sounds a lovely week - and love the plant, I'm rather partial to a bit of yellow, you might have noticed. Thanks for sharing with #PoCoLo

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment