Going With the Flow #LittleLoves

Despite it being half term throughout the country for many we haven’t felt the difference here as our children are under three years old. That being said I've been taking it easy this week and haven’t pushed myself to get things done. I have been going with the flow and have not been forcing myself to do things that don’t come naturally. 

Jo's Blog Post




I join in with a lot of linkys and one of the blog posts that resonated with me this week was 'Challenging The Perception of Pretty' by Jo who blogs at Mother of Teenagers. 

Countryfile Winter Diaries




I have also been catching snippets of the Countryfile Winter Diaries while sorting out the girls’ breakfasts relaxed in the knowledge that I can always revisit the series if I desire to. 



Another little love in this house is of course ‘Tommy’ which always goes down with the eldest who is addicted. Hubby keeps complaining about how short the screenings are and he’s not keen on the new versions. I've felt compelled to pointing out they weren't meant for him. 

Baby's Red Dress






Of course Tuesday saw Valentine’s Day and despite the fact we weren't going to celebrate it hubby bought me some gorgeous flowers. I dressed the girls up in little red dresses and this was the one baby wore. I wish they made it in adult size. 
Eldest decorating a window

After making a mess around the house with permanent ink I channelled the eldest’s artistic endeavours into decorating one of the downstairs windows. You can read more about her home improvements here.







Sadly after announcing that I was part of the Mills & Boons Insiders panel I have to revoke my membership as I don’t do e-books! Call me traditional and outside the times but I've never read an e-book. I love holding books in my hands, flicking through the pages with my fingers and delighting in inspiring illustrations.

KCACOLSLucy at HomeCoffee Work Sleep RepeatTwin Mummy and DaddyMorgan PrinceThe Reading ResidenceThe Pramshed

Comments

  1. My twins recently redecorated the house with nail polish!
    #fridayfrolics

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that little red baby dress, too cute! Too bad about the ebooks too. I read ebooks but I definitely love real books the most. (Found you through #weekendblogshare )

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's sad that you've had to turn down Mills and Boon, I understand though, I find it really difficult to read books online, blogs yes, but not books. I have recently discovered audio books though and I quite enjoy them when I can get some peace and quiet to listen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah yes audio books are good. I used to listen to them in the car when I was little.

      Delete
  4. Such a beautiful dress for little one to wear for Valentine's Day

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww! That dress is so pretty!
    hehehe...It look like your little artist was having a fab time x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm with you on liking books in the hand. Shame there wasn't another option. Sweet dress and I bet she looked gorgeous in it. Can't help smiling at your conversation about Thomas the Tank Engine, although I don't think they call it that anymore, do they? #wow

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did ask but they said they weren't offering that option at present. Oh do they not?

      Delete
  7. Oh that's a shame about the Mills & Boons Insider Panel, I know how much you were looking forward to it.
    Glad you've had an easy week and enjoyed half term, apart from the permanent ink...!. That dress is soooo adorable!
    Enjoy your weekend
    #WoTW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's rather frustrating. Yes I sure do have a creative monkey on my hands. Thank you.

      Delete
  8. Love that dress, totally gorgeous - and love the idea of channeling the artistic tendencies onto a window. We visited a NT house in the West Country - possibly Montacute House that has some fantastic etched windows where letters had been written on glass. You never know she could be creating a masterpiece of the future :) #wotw

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Do you have a blog post on it? Hmmm maybe.

      Delete
    2. Not yet! It's on the huge list of blog posts to write! Thanks too for sharing with #PoCoLo !

      Delete
  9. With you all the way on books, I've never read an e book either. Reading is my relaxation and I want that time away from a screen. Love the window art. #KCACOLS

    ReplyDelete
  10. popping back in for a visit from #KCACOLS

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good on you for going with the flow. I love that dress, it's gorgeous!
    #PoCoLo

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great post recommendation it was a firm fave for me too. I like a good book in my hand. I stare at a screen all day for work. Its refreshing to relax the eyes on a book. lol Love the dress. hope you had a good weekend just past. #littleloves

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sure does make you think doesn't it. I agree we do need some time away from the screen too. Thank you.

      Delete
  13. Beautiful dress for a little one on Valentine's Day lovely post Thanks for linking to the #THAT FRIDAY LINKY come back next week please

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a pretty dress! I'm with you on ebooks, such a shame you couldn't do it, but I'd be the same x Thanks for sharing with #WotW

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ahhh we love a bit of Thomas in our house too. I much prefer the old ones too! That dress is beautiful! #FortheloveofBLOG

    ReplyDelete
  16. love that little red dress, my daughter had a similar one a few years ago :) Thank you for linking up with #KCACOLS we hope to see you again :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thats a gorgeous little dress! Thanks for joining #fortheloveofBLOG

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love a real books too! I've read many e books and want to write one one day, but there is still nothing like the smell and feel of a BOOK! #KCACOLS

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'm a proper book kind of girl too, I just can't get on board with ebooks at all! xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. I much prefer proper books to ebooks too. Love that little red dress. So nice to have a week of just going with the flow :-) #WotW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for letting me know I'm not the only one. It sure is.

      Delete
  21. I love really books top..really don't like reading from a kindle. Thanks for linking to #BlogCrush xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's great to switch off from technology now and again

      Delete
  22. I need a go with the flow week! I'm lucky if I get a day just to go with the flow. #KCACOLS

    ReplyDelete
  23. Such a pretty dress, I love that your got them dressed up for valentine's day! x #KCACOLS

    ReplyDelete
  24. Ooh I used to love Country File...haven't watched it for ages! I felt the same as you about ebooks I then tried one and never looked back. The best thing was when I came to the end of the book I could just get another one instantly rather than wait to go to Tesco!

    ReplyDelete
  25. That red dress is beautiful - our daughter has one very similar to it that she adores. #KCACOLS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I'm sure the youngest will soon grow out of it though.

      Delete
  26. 👍🏼 loving the artwork 😍😂🤦🏼‍♀️

    #KCACOLS

    ReplyDelete
  27. Cute dress. I love watching a bit of Countryfile too. And I really struggle with ebooks. #kcacols

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Countryfile is great for covering a wide range of outdoor subjects. There's something for everyone.

      Delete
  28. Gorgeous dress, I can see why you'd want it in adult size. ;)
    I exclusively read ebooks these days. I got a kindle a few years ago and have read more since than I would've read regular books. I do love my kindle.
    Thanks for linking to #pocolo
    (Sorry for the epically late comment!)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment