Things I've Liked and Loved in January 2017

January has flown by don’t you think?! It’s been a whole roller coaster of a month with ups and downs. Of course it’s always lovelier to look back on the ups right so here are my January highlights.



Home

I've been doing lots of reflecting over the month and decluttering our house. We seem to have accumulated such a lot of stuff. It feels great releasing things and surrounding ourselves with things we truly love and cherish. Of course going to the charity shop has led us to pick up a couple of things too though such as a play kitchen and a dolls crib for the girls. Oh and a little tea set with rabbits on has appeared in their room too. Hubby has also been working on creating the girls a place to hang their coats.


Adventure

My husband’s father visited us leading to my eldest visiting the RAF Museum in Hendon with her father and granddad. While they got to enjoy each other’s company I got to relax with baby back at home.

We took advantage of the good weather on Saturday and walked 3.5 miles with the girls in our carriers. This was the first geocaching adventure of 2017 for us.

I've also been having adventures in creating things but have yet to finish these.



The Blog

When I'm not entertaining the girls, I've been spending lots of time working on the blog. We got to review some lovely books this month and got to work with Tommee Tippee and Super Squish. I also received a lovely heart courtesy of Little Hungarian Hearts for me to review - it appeared on my birthday.



My Birthday

I turned a whole year older! So we went out and celebrated with a meal accompanied by my parents. My husband bought me some beautiful flowers, a card and chocolate! I keep meaning to take a photo of them but have you seen the weather?!

What have you liked and loved in January?

One Messy MamaA Cornish MumLizzie SomersetMy Petit CanardMummy Times Two

Comments

  1. Happy birthday! My kids would have enjoyed the museum #sharethejoy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Sorry I've yet to join in your Trash2Treasure linky this year.

      Delete
  2. What a busy month. I hope you had a lovely birthday and I did smile when you said you came back with things from the charity shop after you dropped things off with the purpose of decluttering!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I may have to ban myself from the charity shops ;)

      Delete
  3. Happy birthday Helena! Jan has flown! I've loved eating healthier food and doing Pilates everyday #sharethejoy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I think so! I could do with some of that.

      Delete
  4. It sounds like a nice start to the year for you, Happy Birthday! We also had a birthday meal out this month as it was my Son's 29th last week.
    #MMBC

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I hope your son had a lovely birthday too.

      Delete
  5. Sounds like a great month. Happy birthday too x #GlobalBlogging

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a lovely post. Every time I read one of these posts which beautifully summarises the previous month I tell myself that I will write one. And then promptly forget. In years to come I'm sure these are the ones that in years to come you will cherish the most, looking back at the small things which built up life. Thank you so much for linking this up to #PostsFromTheHeart and reminding us all of the importance of them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. It certainly does help you reflect on your month then year.

      Delete
  7. Ahh! I think January has really dragged. I will be glad to see a new month.
    It sounds like you have had a good January.
    #MMBC

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's gone relatively quickly and they say time flies when you are having fun. Sorry to read you've felt it has dragged.

      Delete
  8. Happy belated birthday, it certainly sounds like you've had a lovely January!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. It was lovely for the most part.

      Delete
  9. A belated happy birthday! Sounds like a lovely month to me, I really need to have a good declutter here. It's surprising how god it feels, though it feels like such a chore to actually start.
    Thanks for linking up to #LikedandLoved :)

    Stevie x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes often the first step is the hardest but once you've done it you can't stop. There's always something that it leads on to.

      Thank you for wishing me a happy birthday.

      Delete
  10. Happy Birthday!! Glad you had a good January with things to love. Clearing out is so great isn't it, and it isn't about having nothing, it is about having the right things so nothing wrong with gathering a few new bits on the way!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Belated Happy birthday, sounds like you had a great month.

    ReplyDelete
  12. So many nice things to do in your birth month! I hope you have a nice February planned #marvmondays x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy Birthday! The museum looks fab #postsfromtheheart

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy belated birthday! I hope you had as lovely a day as it sounded. It sounds like youve had a great start to 2017, I cant wait to read what else you get up to this year :-) Thanks for linking up to #MarvMondays. Emily

    ReplyDelete
  15. I really need to start decluttering our home. Especially before the next baby arrives. I just need to find the inspiration. Maybe you have been that inspiration for me! :) Happy Birthday, hope you had a wonderful day! x #globalblogging

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy to help. I find writing things you want to achieve down and envisioning how you want it to look helps. Do a little bit at a time too. Thank you it was a lovely birthday.

      Delete
  16. It sounds like you had a lovely month - belated happy birthday! I really need to declutter but I find it so hard to find the time (and motivation) to get started! #LikedandLoved

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment