Our Christmas Book List

As we continue to change out our books with each coming season I felt we ought to share with our readers which books the girls have been enjoying this winter.

Our Christmas Book List


The girls have been really lucky recently as they've been sent a number of books to share on the blog including the gorgeous book The Girl Who Saved Christmas by William Thach. 

The Girl Who Saved Christmas

One Christmas, all the world's children are bad-- all except one!  Molly must save the holiday by reminding Santa of the true meaning of Christmas.

Image from the book

"A charming Christmas book for all ages."
                                  --Kirkus Reviews

"A pure delight from the first page to the last."
                                  --The Midwest Book Review


Sadly this book complete with red velvet cover and gold reading ribbon can only be found for sale on Amazon in America this year. My UK readers will have to wait till Chistmas 2017 for it to be available to them. Meanwhile you can see a video preview of it here or the entire story here . 

My eldest looking at the pages of the delightful book
.
 I've placed this book in a book box (alongside our other winter reads found below) under the tree so they are all accessible to the girls.

That's Not My Fairy and Snowman Books


M Noel
The Nativity
Christmas Eve
The Nutcracker
Follow The Star all the way to Bethlehem
The Snow Angel
That’s Not My Fairy
That’s Not My Snowman
That’s Not my Angel
That’s Not My Penguin
Very First Words: Christmas
Mr Men A Christmas Pantomime
Guess How Much I Love You in the Winter
The Christmas Bear
Angelina Ice Skates
Where are you little penguin? 


The Girl Who Saved Christmas
The Gruffalo's Childhttp://ir-uk.amazon-adsystem.com/e/ir?t=ohsoamel-21&l=as2&o=2&a=1405020466
Angelina's Christmas
Jolly Christmas Postman
Winter Story

What books would you suggest I add to the girls Christmas book list?

This post was originally linked up to the following linkys: Kids Love to Read and Eat Sleep Blog RT

Comments

  1. I love the way that you have shaped your book list into a Christmas tree :)

    I have lots of favourite Christmas books but I especially love Stick Man, Katie's London Christmas and The Jolly Christmas Postman. Many of our favourite books are on our Story Snug Christmas Book Alphabet Advent Calendar this year. Several of the posts have more than one suggestion if you are looking for others.

    #MMBC

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never heard of Katie's London Christmas will have to look into that one and track down the Stick Man. Had a quick peek at your list yesterday. I love that your using the alphabet to count down to Christmas.

      Delete
  2. The illustrations in 'The Girl Who Saved Christmas' are beautiful; that's one your girls will enjoy year after year. Your little ones may be too little, but I love 'The Night Before Christmas' #MMBC x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure you are right. I love the presentation so beautiful and perfectly aligned with Christmas. Thank you for the suggestion.

      Delete
  3. This looks like a lovely book with beautiful illustrations. I love the Jolly Christmas Postman too and read it to my class on Friday. We also read the Lighthouse Keeper's Christmas, that is a lovely story too. Thank you for linking up to #EatSleepBlogRT 🌟

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It certainly is. Those are great books I shall have to seek out the latter.

      Delete
  4. Looks like you've found some great books here. I'm starting a collection of Christmas books for a advent book calendar next year - I'll look out for some of these. #EatSleepBlogRT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. It's great you are starting well in advance.

      Delete
  5. Ooh, The Girl who Saved Christmas looks a beautiful book. Will have to look out for that one next year when it's available in the UK.
    Thanks for sharing
    #KLTR

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It certainly is. I love the presentation of the story.

      Delete
  6. Ah this sounds really magical! x #KLTR

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would say The Night Before Christmas is also a Christmas book must-have :)
    Thanks for linking up to #kltr

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment